HELP - Drosera paleacea gemms

Tarek

Hello,

At last received my imag3347.jpg

Now urgent question, how to plant it better? I have some small boxes with spaghnum moss , like this IMAG3288.jpg ,

what about to put gemms on there? Or other option, i have lot of natural peat moss and speratly perlite, can mix it and pot it in there. Waiting your advices ;)

Edited by Tarek

I planted my gemmae in pure peat but I think a peat perlite 50/50 mix would be better. I think u shouldn't use sphagnum because it will over grow the tiny pygmy drosera. I hope this helped you.

Greetings, Marlon

Hello Marlon,

And how it`s grow, allready adult plants, no any problems? :)

Thank You very much for your answer.

Hello, Tarek

I planted them 1,5 months ago and the biggest one is making his fourth trap.

The species I planted are :

-D.Allantostigma

-D.Nitidula x Pygmae

-D.Pygmae east Australia

-D.Occidentalis australis "warriup"

All of them are growing now, but my D.Allantostigma is growing a lot quicker then the rest of them.

I am growing them in a tray in the window sill. I'm living Holland (maybe that's interesting for the weather and sun hours etc.)

Greetings, Marlon

Thank You for your answer :) . I will allready prepared compost mix and waiting now to dammp it , after couple of hours i will start poting :) . Are you covered with some plastic cover your pot? :)

Like this :

imag3232.jpg

Nope i just grow them without covering, so there is some air circulation so mould will get a smaller chance to kill the gemmae, it works for me.

If I get gemmae from my own plants i am going to do some tests to see what works better.

Greetings, Marlon

Ok, i will try without :) . I put weekly progress here, everybody wellcome to comment.

If you have some gemae, can you sell it for me? :) How often pigmy sundews producing them?

They should be producing gemmae at the end of the year.

My plants are still very young plants, but I heard they should be able to become adult plants in a year and to produce gemmae by then.

If I get gemmae I will tell you, but you never know, I can't promise anything because they are still so young.

Greetings, Marlon

I never spray them, I just keep them in a tray with water so the soil is pretty wet.

Maybe there are some people with other ideas about this?

When the gemmae become plants u shouldn't spray because that is bad for the dew drips, but I don't see a problem when it still are gemmae.

I never spray them, I just keep them in a tray with water so the soil is pretty wet.

Maybe there are some people with other ideas about this?

When the gemmae become plants u shouldn't spray because that is bad for the dew drips.

Wow, first time hear about that, thx for your views.

And i wanna ask, this rule as well for sundews seeds?

Well the problem is with the seeds if you spray there is I big chance they will get into the soil and that is bad because they need light to germinate.

But when it`s little bit bigger , like 1cm young plants is not risk than?

Well that's what I know from my own experience, and I learned a lot at the dutch CP forum. They also say that spraying is bad. I almost killed a D.Capensis because I sprayed it, but now I quit spraying it started to live again.

Maybe other people can share their opinion about spraying droseras?

Greetings, Marlon

You see , other members not very active unfortunately :( .

I will have this discussion now with some nurseries owners, have wait to get answers about this question.

Hmm good question about pings I don't know, I don't spray my p. X tina and it keeps making new leaves an flowers but I heard a x tina is a easy one.

:) i spray all my plants, i don`t know, maybe thats way plants go to sleep. Hard to say...

Can you answer in another topic about water as well?