Recycled Paper Pellets Cat Litter as a Growing Medium

Davion

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2376139002664&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

"I"ve-Given Everything-Else The-Complete-TOSS so-to-Speak ... 'Found'-Something That's-Got The AFP-of-Sphagnum But-With TWICE The-Water-Holding Capcity so-to-Speak ... COOL!!!! LITERALLY!!! >(*~*)<

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2376140802709&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

So-Far "I"m Working-OUT All-The Niggl'e'ly-Little-Bugs Along-The-Way so-to-speak &-Am IN-The-Process of 'Seeing' Whether-or-'Not' The-Medium Will 'Support' Cyanophyta, Trichoderma &-The-Like so-to-Speak. >(*U^)<

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2376142682756&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

It-Has An-Awesome Nitrogen-Drawdown so-to-Speak ... so-You 'Will'-Have to-Add Manganese to-The-Medium to-Prevent WHITE-OUT so-to-Speak ... Which Occurrs 'When' the-Levesl of BOTH Iron-&-Manganese Get-Too-Low to-Support Normal Photosynthesis so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2376143762783&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

One 15-Litre-Bag (The-NEXT Size-UP From The-One-Shown) Will-'Comfortably' Make-UP FIVE 10-litre Buckets With-ABRT 1/2-R-Bucket Left-Over as-Spare so-to-Speak If-You Use The-Following Formula: 1-Part 250-MICRON (1/4mm) Quartzite-Sand / 1-Part Kitty-Litter / 2-Parts WATER

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2376146442850&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

"I"-'Find'-it's 'Best' to-Let The-Kitty-Litter to Sit-&-'Draw' While You're Mixing-in Your-Nutrients Into The-Sand ... so-by The-Time You Pour The-Sand INTO The-Bowel Containing The-'Now' Plumped-UP Litter The-Sand Helps-to Fluff-UP & Tease-OUT The-Various Microfibres of the Weft-&-Weave of The-Individual Remnant Newspaper-Particles so-to-Speak ... so-THART One-Ends-UP with-R Very 'Uniform'-Medium INDEED so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2394044370287&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

"I"-'Find' R-Baby's-Bath IDEAL for 10-20 Litre Aliquots so-to-Speak!!! >(*U^)<

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2394049050404&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2420311146940&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478#!/photo.php?fbid=2409821364702&set=a.1520787859420.2070427.1226251478&type=1&theater

Davion,

Good luck with the kitty litter. Looks like your plants haven't been in it for long, so will be interesting to see the long term results... though I suspect that we won't if not successful :wink:

I suspect that it will be too wet...

There's NO-Luck Actually to-It ... You-'Just'-Have to-Work The-Problem-through Until-You Get-to-The-Solution so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< @-Least with Kitty-Litter ... There-Can-Be NO-Question THART The-Nitrogen Is Exogenous ... so If-You Exclude ALL-Insects & The Plants 'Still'-Grow Then The-so-Called Scientists Who Built-Careers On-The-Backs-of The-Insects R-The-'Source' of The Plants' Nitrogen & The Soils R-'Poor' [Depauperate] Just Fade-INTO Oblivion so-to-Speak as-R NEW-Day Dawns In-The-World-of Scientific-Endeavour so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

As-to The Commercial-Scoundresl Who-Have Riped-OFF The-Public for-Decades Saying One-Thing &-Doing Another ... Well The General-Public-@-large Always 'Find' INGENIOUS-Ways to-'Deal'-with 'Such'-Persons so-to-Speak &-Usually IN-Quite Relevant &-Specific Ways to-Each Case-or-Incident "I"-'Might' Add!!! >(*U^)<

As-You Can 'See' IN-The Photos You-Referenced ... The-Plants Don't-'Actually' Grow-IN-Pine-Needles so-to-Speak Since The Pines In-These Areas R 'Sparcely'-Spread If-You Take The-Literature @ Face-Value so-to-Speak.

Of-'Course' "I"m-BITTER ... We-Have Machines ON-This-Planet THART-Can Analysis Dionaea-Site Soils IN-R-Matter-of-Minutes ("I"m-Being 'Kind' Here >(*U^)<) &-"Yet' Has-This EVER-Been-'Done' so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< If-You Troll-The-INTERNET For-Information You-Often Come-Across The-Statement:"There's "Something' IN-The-Soil THART Makes The Traps 'Go'-RED" ... &-Yet The-Allusion Is-NEVER Expanded-Upon ... So-Don't Point-The-Bone IN-'My'-Direction Until You've Prepared-to Cleaned-UP Your-'Own'-Act &-Hold-UP R-Mirror to-Your Own Faculties so-to-Speak.

AFTERAL: ... You're 'Talking'-to Someone Who 'Got' Ripped-OFF as-R-Nine-Year-Old Child Over-IN Western-Australia IN-1974 ... On-My-Very-FIRST-Trip to-Cannington-Swamp "I"-Came-Across The-'Fastest'-Sunew ON-The-Entire-Planet &-Yet NOONE Would 'Believe'-Me &-Yet It-Grows Right-Across The Southern-Half Of-AUSTRLIA ... 'Anybody' Could-Have CHECKED!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< ... Don't-You 'Think'-That After-THART-Experience "I"-Sat-Down For Six-Months of The Year &-Carved-OUT R-Plan [LIFEPLAN: "Plan-The-Work / Work-The-Plan"] to-Prevent-THART From Ever-Happing-to-Me Again That-"I"-Haven't Waivered-from for Nigh-ON 40-Years &-Am "Still' Enacting TODAY so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< We-'Have'-R-Word For-People such-as Myself IN-Australia We-Call-Them, Wait-For-It:"STUBBORN"!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< The-Fact-THART "I"-Can 'Still' Laugh-about-It TODAY Means You-'May'-Just Get-Some MERCY ... But-"I"m Definitely 'Not' Going to-Let-you Have The-Right-of-VETO ... You-'Lost'-THART-Priviledge by-the-Way You Treated-Me When-"I"-Was NINE so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< You-Have Been Forwarned & Foretold The-REST-Is Basically Out-of-My-Hands, Now, so-to-Speak!!! >(*U^)<

There's NO-Luck Actually to-It ... You-'Just'-Have to-Work The-Problem-through Until-You Get-to-The-Solution so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< @-Least with Kitty-Litter ... There-Can-Be NO-Question THART The-Nitrogen Is Exogenous ... so If-You Exclude ALL-Insects & The Plants 'Still'-Grow Then The-so-Called Scientists Who Built-Careers On-The-Backs-of The-Insects R-The-'Source' of The Plants' Nitrogen & The Soils R-'Poor' [Depauperate] Just Fade-INTO Oblivion so-to-Speak as-R NEW-Day Dawns In-The-World-of Scientific-Endeavour so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Some of us have been root feeding various CPs with salt based fertilisers for years, in the absence of insects as the nitrogen source, so I would say that has shown that they are not reliant on insects for their nitrogen source... so far.

Yeah ... "I"-'Know' ... but The-ONLY-Way to Convince R-Community Of The-Contary Is-to Work-The-Problem-UP In-R-Medium THART-Has Virtually Nil-to-Neglible Nitrogen to-Start-with IN-The-First-Place ... &-R-Tendency Over-Time for: "NITROGEN-Drawdown" so-to-Speak Which Places The-Onus of The-Arguement Squarely-'Bach'-In The-Defenders-Pocket so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Of-Course You-'Know' They're-Goanna 'Shift' The-GOALPOSTS Or Dial-UP An-EARTHQUAKE Don't-You so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< Afteral ... We Can't-Have The-'Allusion' Of-R LEVEL-Playing-Field Now Can-We. >(*U^)<

• 2 weeks later...

Here's-Some More INFO On NEWSPAPER Cat-LITTER so-to-Speak:

(1) 'Best'-to SOAK Pellets for @-Least 24-hours For Good Uniform 'Spread'-of- CELLULOSE-Fibres so-to-Speak.

(2) CORRECTION-On-SAND: 'Apparently' The-Sand "I"ve-Been-Buying Which-Is One-Grade or 'Sift'-UP from CYCLONE-'Doost' Is: "WILLIAM's 70WDS" Which Seemingly Stands-for QUARZITE Sand From The-WILLIAMTOWN-Area 70-Micron IN-size IE Basically 'Rhough'-SILT That's-Been: WASHED, DRIED & SIFTED (Sieved) so-to-Speak. 50 / 50 Mix From Volume of Wetted-Pellets Appears-to-be Quite-'Ideal'.

(3) You-Actually Have-to-'Sit'-Pots IN-Water ... Something "I"-Haven't 'Done' for-Years Since Switching-over to Floral-Foam Blocks IN-1999 so-to-Speak. For-SARRACENIA The 'Idea'-Level Appears to-be 1/3-UP R Standard 10-Litre / 2-Gallon Bucket so-to-Speak. FLYTRAPs Can-Be Kept IN-R-'Squat'-Pot Resting-On One Floral-Foam Brick IN Same Container as Sarras so-to-Speak ... though "I"m-Tending to Consider Buckets Sitting IN 1/3 Water with 2-3-Inches Missing From Top-of Bucket IE 'About' 2-Litres-of-Mixture Missing as 'Ideal' Generally.

As-to GROWTH: "I"ve 'Already' Noted Something Rather Interesting ... GREEN-Capes as-Well-as GREEN-Traped 'Shop'-Boughts Always 'Do'-The-Best But There-Is Also R-Major Problem With Both IRON as-Well-as CYANOPHYTA.

You'll-Get Algae Growing in The Water If The Pot-Is Laced with MANGANESE .... But-'Not'-with IRON On-Its-Own or With Iron-&-Manganese 'Together' so-"I"-'Suspect' There-Is Some Major Conflict between Calcium / Iron / Cyanophyta / Nitrogen &-CPs that Needs-to-be SORTED so-to-Speak.

Although This Past-Month Has-Been Extremely Tough-Going it-Also Has-Been Extremely Rewarding Since 'Control'-of-CP-Growth Appears to-Centre-Around The Question of IRON &-With-THIS-Medium One-'Knows' THART-Ultimately The Source of ALL-Nitrogen Is-From The-ATMOSPHERE so-to-Speak ... But 'Until' We-Can Get Cyanophyta Growing-On the-'Surface' &-Perhaps throughout This-Medium The-"Actual' Course or Flow of Nitrogen Remains UNCERTAIN as-Yet so-to-Speak.

STAY-TUNED!!! >(*U^)<

I'll be interested to see the results, though there are many variables here, dependant on how the paper pulp was produces and treated, e.g. bleached, unbleached, lignin free, suphur free, calcium or magnesium bicarbonate treated, pulp filler material and if recycled was it mill broke or post/pre-consumer, was it de-inked, what chemicals were added to the pulp, sodium silicate, sodium hydroxide, hydrogen peroxide??? etc, etc, etc...

"I"m Pretty-Rapidly Knocking-It [Newspaper-Cellulose] INTO-Shape so-to-Speak ... But-THART's 'Only' Because "I"-Done R-Lot-of-Work In-The-Past &-So Have Levels-&-Ratios Of Most of The Major Macros & Micro @-My-Finger-Tips so-to-Speak ... &-Have-Had to KILL-R-Lot of Canon-Fodder-Plants to-Obtain These Cut-OFFs so-to-Speak between Minimums &-Maximums &-General-Rules Associated with-Them so-to-Speak ... Which Means Now Today If-Given R-New-Element to-Test "I"-Would Only Have to KILL Say Three-Plants &-Could Then Take the Level Straight-Down to AMBIANT-Level ... 'Just'-Because "I"-'know' The-Rule Associated with Micronutrients &-CPs so-to-Speak Which-Is Related-to The Michaelis-Menton Rule for Enzymic-Function but 'Slightly'-Different IN-Regard to-CPs so-to-Speak Without Giving too-much Away Pre-THESIS so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

http://a4.sphotos.ak...322682494_n.jpg

As-to Relevance ... Well the-ANSWER Lies IN-The-'Grey'-soil Which "I"m-Sure Most-of-You Have-Noticed-by Now @ PRIME CP-Sites Though It's Taken 4-Gruelling-Years On-Top of The 39 All-UP to Sift-through All The Various Potential Possibilies of Not-Only 'What'-it-Is But How to Produce-it (Rapidly) Ex-Situ so-to-Speak ... Believe-Me It-Really-Was R-Slippery-Little-Sucker &-Like 'Nailing' Jelly-to-R-Tree It-Took-Some Pretty-Niffy Backwards-Thinking &-Some Doctor-Octupus Arms IN-The-Practical-Side of Things to-Rivet All The Asides IN-Places so-to-Speak.

But-PLEASE: ... Check-The-Theory-OUT for-Yourself by Placing R-Paraffin-Candle INTO Any-of Your Peat-&-Sand Mixes &-You-'Should' Eventually Obtain Something Similar to The Above IMAGE so-to-Speak. By Placing Plants Across The-Pot Towards The-Candle You-Should-Find That-Plants Closest to-The-Candle Do-'Better' The-Closer They-Get to-The-Candle ... But IN-Particular POSITIVE Control-Plants Such-as BINATA Really-'Do' Take-OFF so-to-Speak Once-They Become Mycorrhizal ... Which'll Take-About 6-Weeks IN Unlaced-Pots But Around 5-Days IN-Laced-Ones so-to-Speak. >(*U^)< 'Just'-Placeing R-NICKEL-Coin In-R-Bucket-of-Water For-R-Few-Days Will Get-Enough Nickel-Ions INTO The-Water to-Make-R-Difference so-to-Speak ... but to-Become More-Scientific About-Things You-Will have to Kill-R-few Canon-Fodder Plants so-to-Speak ... for Afteral Even 'Salt' Is-TOXIC IN-Large-enough Quantities so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

"I"m Pretty-Rapidly Knocking-It [Newspaper-Cellulose] INTO-Shape so-to-Speak

I'll let time be the judge of that. I've been on this earth for long enough to see plenty of short term successes turn into long term failures, including several of my own. Show me the newspaper kitty-litter grown plants in a years time and I might be convinced :wink:

"I"-'Quite'-Agree ... "I"-'Want' NEWSPAPER-Cellulose to-Be R-LONG-Term Solution to-Our Harvesting of PEAT ... Although "I"-Continually Point-OUT THART-The-Arguements Regarding PEAT R-Basically "Moot" ... Considering THART Canada Has Enough Peat For the Next 600-Years &-RUSSIA Has Enough Peat UNDER-Permafrost For the Next, Wait-For-It, ... 600,000 Years !!!??? >(*~*)< But-of-Course It-Would Take Some Machinery ON-The Size-&-Scale of Mines-&-Dinosaurs to 'Harvest'-it so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

My-Basic-THRUST is 'Not' to-Conserve but to-CREATE Habitat Where-&-When It-Is Needed or Required so-to-Speak Mainly-Because "I"-Have Seen Sites "I"-'Knew' as-R-Child, Over-IN Western-Australia, Detroyed On GOOGLE-EARTH as-An Adult HERE-In South-Australia ... &-Yet "I"-Cannot Find Any-Pictures Via Google-Image Search of Drosera-Gigantea Plants IN-The-Wild to-Match My-Recollections From-My-CHILDHOOD IN-Terms of Colour, Vigour (Robustness) &-Stature ... Which "I"-'Hope'-to Remedy Shortly For-After R-Great-Deal of-Research One Does-Ultimately Keep-Being Driven-Back to Key-Points &-Forced to Confront Key-Challenges IN-Our Ultimate-SEARCH-for Understanding (Truth) of-'Just'-How The World-Works so-to-Speak. (BIOMIMICRY)

"I"ve Been-Down Many-DEAD-Ends Before ... But-of-Course The-Problem With CPs &-Other 'Seemingly' Nutrient Poor-Plants Is-THART-They Have to Exist IN-R Mineral / Organic Soil Half-Way House Type-of Arrangment / Environment so-to-Speak ... Because They Get Much-of Their Carbon as-Well-as Their Minerals From The Soil &-Their Nitrogen Ultimately From-The-Air via Symbiosis Again Occurring IN-The Soil, &-Compartmentalised IN Roots &-Leaf-Bases so-to-Speak ... but Most-Likely IN-R Lychnorrhizal-like Arrangment ... The-Most Powerful-Symbiosis Yet-'Known' so-to-Speak. >(*~*)<

You-Should 'Realise' From Mexican-Pinguicula, Drososphyllum, Drosera-linearis & Sarracenia-purpurea Growing-On MARL THART-The Limit-of CP-Growth is-'Not' Specifically CALCIUM Per-se but it's Effect Compared to Magnesium-&-Strontium ON-Other Important Botanically-Nutritional-Elements so-to-Speak. IN-Other-Words It-'Should'-be Possible ... 'Just'-From R-Purely Theorectical Stand-Point To-"BREAK" The So-Called: "Calcifuge-Barrier". "I"-Mean MEXICAN-Pings 'Do'-it ALL-The-Time so-to-Speak ... Or-Is-it ONLY When The Lights-R-OFF in-The-Greenhouse so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< Ha-Har

If-"I"-Manage to Practicaly-Accomplish Such-an-Achievement IN Newspaper-Cellulose "I"-Will Definitely Be-'Asking' for The-ROTHAMSTED-Prize For Developments Sprouting-Forth From-This Type-of Technology Will-Definitely Benefit FARMERS All-Over The-Globe so-to-Speak.

"I"ll-Let-You 'Ponder'-ON The-Benefits of Modifying Soil So-One One-Can Grow TWO-Types of Crops &-Perhaps Over TWO-Seasons Across TWO-or-More Regions of-R-Country so-to-Speak ... Which "I"-'Think' The-Forefathers-of The Rothamsted-Estate Probably-Envisaged May-Occur If-INDEED The-Calcifuge-Barrier 'Could'-be Assailed or Circumvented so-to-Speak.

It-Seems-Obvious THART-They Didn't Envisage-it-Be Achieveable IN-Their Lifetimes ... but-THART ... Someone of The-Future May 'Just'-Be-Able to-Accomplish Such-R-Feat via Studying 'Seemingly' TOY-Plants or @-Best Mere-Curiosities as-Our Beloved-CPs Have-Become or R-Often Relagated to-Be so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Perhaps Such-an-Achievement Will Rightly-Place Carnivorous-Plants @-The-Centre-of-Botanical Curiosity ... Afteral The Venus-Flytrap IS The-'Most' Wonderful-Plant IN-The-World!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

• 3 weeks later...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/315934_2551196258986_1226251478_3217024_1566530983_n.jpg

Kicked-The-NEWSPAPER-Cellulose INTO Some-Sort-of ORDER so-to-Speak ... &-Am Now Just Going-through Possibilities IN Old Empirical-Style-Fashion Until The ANSWER Pops-OUT so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302175_2561900326581_1226251478_3227236_749918881_n.jpg

If-You're 'Not' Going-to-Be KIND MOBILE ... "I"ll Run-You INTO-The-Ground Like-ONLY an AUSTRALIAN Can-'Do' so-to-Speak ... For-"I"ve Been-Down The Pine-Needle-Route so-to-Speak ... &-"I"-'Know' From Your Images THART You're 'Not'-Telling The-FULL-Truth &-Nothing-But The-Truth so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310146_2561909766817_1226251478_3227250_980114997_n.jpg

Be-'Careful' of-What-You Wish-for so-to-Speak ... For-if-You 'Want'-WAR ... "I"ll Give-You WAR!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/311330_2561896926496_1226251478_3227234_931281150_n.jpg

Afteral "I"m ONLY 'One'-Person ... But "I"m Having-to-Do-it ALL ... Because People-of-The-PAST Have Often 'Talked'-ABART Responsibility ... But-Have NEVER Actually Taken-Any so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Where's the VFT?

I fail to see how this can be construed as:

If-You're 'Not' Going-to-Be KIND MOBILE ...
"I"ll Run-You INTO-The-Ground Like-ONLY an AUSTRALIAN Can-'Do' so-to-Speak ...
Be-'Careful' of-What-You Wish-for so-to-Speak ... For-if-You 'Want'-WAR ... "I"ll Give-You WAR!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

I consider this to be threatening behaviour, which contravenes forum rule 1.

For-"I"ve Been-Down The Pine-Needle-Route so-to-Speak ... &-"I"-'Know' From Your Images THART You're 'Not'-Telling The-FULL-Truth &-Nothing-But The-Truth so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

I've detailed the method to which I am conducting my pine needle experiment and if you choose to not believe me then so be it. I fail to see why I would lie about my methods though.

• Like 3

30-Years R-Go ... When-"I"-Was R-Wee-Takker IN-My Local-Society People Use to-Say it-Was One-Thing Or-Another ... But The-'Strange'-&-Consistent-Thing Was When "I"-Conducted Experiments ... "I"-Wouldn't-Even-even Get-THEIR-Results so-to-Speak ... so-After-R-Decade "I"-Concluded They-Were EITHER Basically Having-Me-On or Talking-Out Their-ARSE so-to-Speak / BOTH? >(*~*)< ... &-THART Reinventing The-Wheel Was-Even On-The-Cards as-Yet ... For-We Barely Had-R Set-of-Spokes Let-alone R-Semblance of-R-Wheel as-Yet so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

If-You're going to-Play The RED-Card Scenario THIS-Early IN-The-Game ... Then "I"-Would Suggest-to-Others You Haven't Learnt From Donald-E-Schnell & Joe-MAZRIMAS Regarding The-Best-Form of CP-Editorialship so-to-Speak .... &-Don't 'Deserve' The-Power as-Such ... Well @-Least 'Not'-Yet!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<.

Anyway ... The-Difference Between You-&-"I" ... Is-THART ... All Along My-Journey "I"-Have Given-Away Crucial-Bits of-Information Away For-FREE, Left-Avenues OPEN For-Others to-Further or-More-Fully Investigate &-Have Consistently Tried to Not-Only Refine-Technique as-Well-as Develop An Overlying Theory Consistent with Field-Experience as-Well-as The-Generalised Knowledge-&-Theories of-Our Current-Times so-to-Speak ... but It's-'Hard' to-Give Credit Where Credit Is Due ... When You're The-Only-One Basically Doing ALL-The-Work ... as-The-Sentiments of Colin-CLAYTON Have Echoed IN The-Recent-Past so-to-Speak.

"I"-Have Fought-'Hard' to-Get OUT-of-PEAT ... R-Medium THART-Scientists Regard With-The-Same-Amount of Scorn as-Our Plants as-Well-as Our Hobby so-to-Speak IN-Order to-Apply & Activate The-Scientific-Method IN-R-More Define & Consistent-Medium so-to-Speak.

This-Is-Partly Why "I"-Am So IRKED by Your Experimentation IN-Peat &-Pine-Needles Not-'Just' The-Fact That "I"ve Been-THERE Before so-to-Speak ... But More-for The-Fact That Your Results Will Just-be Poo-Poohed / Mocked & Scorned ON-The-Same-Ol'-Basis THART You're Using An ILL-Defined &-Inconsistent Medium to-Base-Your Results such-as PEAT so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)<

This-Is-Partly Why "I"-Am So IRKED by Your Experimentation IN-Peat &-Pine-Needles Not-'Just' The-Fact That "I"ve Been-THERE Before so-to-Speak ... But More-for The-Fact That Your Results Will Just-be Poo-Poohed / Mocked & Scorned ON-The-Same-Ol'-Basis THART You're Using An ILL-Defined &-Inconsistent Medium to-Base-Your Results such-as PEAT so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)<

I am only running the 'experiment' out of interest to myself and thought that others might be interested. I have no wish or desire to scientifically publish any results, in fact the thread in which you will have seen my post is not even my thread. A quick search of the various CP forums will see others experiments with pine needles, so it's certainly not new. I don't like being told that I'm not telling the truth and I certainly am not intending to mislead anyone. Peat is a generally accepted term in the horticultural industry and whilst its consistancy and constituents are variable in nature, very few would define it in any more detail. If we are to take this stance though, and you wish to scientifically publish your recycled paper experiment then you will need to be a lot more thorough with your definition of the material used, as 'paper' is vague and its processing can be quite variable, as I have stated above. I would think that recycled paper would be very hard to define, unless the source material comes from the same source.

• Like 1

Im a little confused re your experiments.

What was the green slime stuff you made and what are you using it for? Have you any sequence of pictures showing the results of its use?

I will be following your experiment with the paper pellets with interest. Will you be taking pictures at set intervals for us?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301276_2583521467096_348895423_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/308345_2583527387244_1226251478_3243816_1196631177_n.jpg

"I"ve-'Just'-Recorded The-Production of so-Called CP-TANNINS From Newspaper-Cellulose & Later-ON Tonight "I"ll-Be Uploading An-Image of 'Pinking'-of The GUTTATION-sites IN The-STRAWBERRY Which Is Important Because One-Can Also 'Pink' The-"SNAP"-Tenticular-Architecture [iE The-'Pads'] of Drosera-burmannii In-R Similar-Fashion Which is Due-to-The Naturally HIGH-Levels of BORON IN-Aluminium as-Well-as It's Chemistry ... Which-Is Important IN-These 'Gley'-Podzolic Coastal-Plain Sites Upon-Which The-Magority of CPs From around The-World Grow so-to-Speak.

Again "I"-Reiterate THART:"The CP-Syndrome Is-just The-Result of The Intereaction Between The-Chemistry-of-ALUMINIUM as-Well-as The-Ecology-of CELLULOSE" so-to-Speak.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307179_2581507016736_1226251478_3242454_1176407652_n.jpg Last-Night's Display of General-GUTTATION so-to-Speak.

RHUBARB From Related CHERNOZEM-Sites [iE Another Half-Way-House MINERAL / ORGANIC Soils] R-Similar Poster-Child GLYCOPHYTES Have similar RED-Colouration &-R-Related with both Common RUMEX as-Well-as Their LARGE South-Ameican Cousin GUNNERA That Actually 'Do'-Contain Turkquoise-CYANOBACTERIA IN-The-Leaf-Bases of Their Stem-Cortexes so-to-Speak.

It-Is My-Intention to Bring ALL All-of These Somewhat Disprut Avenues of Research INTO One Nice 'Tight' Neat-Package Via Our so-Called Toy-Plants or @-'Best' Mere-Curiosoty CPs so-to-Speak.

You-'May'-like to-Wish-Me LUCK .. But-Once You're OUT-of ILL-Defined-PEAT Everything Become soo-Much-Clearer &-Eventually EASY ... Such-THART "I"-Have NO-Doubt NOW That The-Calcifuge-Barrier Can-Broken &-THART The-Romthamsted-Prize Is-'Just' R-FORMALITY IN-Recognition of Work-'Done' so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<