D. spatulata var. lovellae diagnostic character

piscesilim

Get this sundew from Taiwan hobbyist as D. spatulata var. lovellae. Is the ID correct?

DSCN2304.jpg

DSCN2303.jpg

How can we differentiate a typical D. spatulata from D. spatulata var. lovellae? What is the diagnostic character for D. spatulata var. lovellae. Anyone have description?

As I know that D. spatulata var. lovellae is from Fraser Island. Is that means D. spatulata 'Fraser Island' = D. spatulata var. lovellae?

How can we differentiate a typical D. spatulata from D. spatulata var. lovellae?

The main botanical difference is the number of the ovary chambers in the flower:

Drosera spatulata var. lovellae => Ovary diveded into four chambers (sometimes, not always)

Other forms ==> Ovary diveded into five chambers

I found that information at: http://icps.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=...amp;thread=1982

Besides of that, the plants grow bigger than other forms of spatulata.

As I know that D. spatulata var. lovellae is from Fraser Island. Is that means D. spatulata 'Fraser Island' = D. spatulata var. lovellae?

As far as I know, the botanical rank of these plants is debatable:

Some say, it's a species of its own ==> Drosera lovellae

Some say its just a variety of a species ==> Drosera spatulata var. lovellae

And some say its just a named location ==> Drosera spatulata from Fraser Island

Depends upon how strong the botanist evaluates the little differences in the count of the ovary chambers.