Origins of G.hispidula and G.margaretae in cultivation

Fernando Rivadavia

Let me add another question here: anyone know who was responsible for introducing G.roraimensis and G.guianensis from Venezuela into cultivation? When?

Thanks,

F

Hi Fernando,

the true G. roraimensis was offered from Allen Lowrie after the Neblina Expedition while D. meristocaulis was discovered.

I ordered a few seeds and distributed the plants after a couple of years worldwide. So I think I was mainly responsible for introducing the locations Cerro Huachamachari, south east ridge of C. Marahuaka and Mt. Kukenan.

The formerly offered species from Allen was not G. roraimensis but G. repens.

Concerning G. guianensis I tried and failed several times to cultivate this species but now found the right conditions and I grow it successfully for 2 years now and also distributed some single plants. These plants are grown from seeds I received from a mutual friend of ours.

The old clones of G. hispidula and G. roraimensis were in cultivation before I started to grow carnivorous plants so I don't know the origin.

Cheers,

Markus

Edited by Markus