CP's and waterfalls at the Grampians in August

Hi guys

A couple of weeks ago my family and I took a weekend trip to the Grampians in Victoria, Australia to see a stunning waterfall at its best and some tuberous CP's in winter.

Normally late October to November has been the best time for field trips there in the past, but I've been itching to get out and about and thought that since the weather was going to be descent that I'd take the opportunity to have a look.

grlv.jpg

zg7v.jpg

j909.jpg

McKenzie waterfall, the largest waterfall in the Grampians.

Growing along the path to the top lookout I spotted a couple of species along the way.

ux61.jpg

D. aberrans

8s5i.jpg

An interesting form of D. aberrans with red around the margins of the leaf blade.

1mep.jpg

D. auriculata emerging from dormancy

58ox.jpg

D. auriculata starting to grow upright.

The next spot we visited was Reeds Lookout which gave us spectacular views into the centre of the Grampians of Victoria Valley and on the other side of the lookout to Lake Wartook.

qsjq.jpg

Victoria Valley

98u3.jpg

Victoria Valley

5auy.jpg

Victoria Valley

1dpc.jpg

An interesting pile of stones that someone has stacked up.

9yd2.jpg

Lake Wartook

pujb.jpg

A habitat where 3 tuberous species grow on a rock outcrop seep.

zumn.jpg

Hundreds of D. aberrans grow in the thin layer of moss on top of the rock outcrops.

b1xu.jpg

D. aberrans

fo20.jpg

Mixed in with the brilliant red forms of D. aberrans a few yellow/green forms also pop up.

wh2d.jpg

D. auriculata or possibly D. peltata in the rosette stage.

Around this area D. hookeri and U. aff. dichotoma also grow, but unfortunately it's too early for them still.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2