Nepenthes

Hulk

:blob: Some time ago I bought a couple of Nepenthes from a Garden centre, they then, had pitchers on them, I tried to kept them nice and humid but they lost their pitchers. Out of desperation I placed them in an aquarium, they now have beautiful pitchers on them but of course are out growing their tank.

I know that one of them is an Alata, but I'm not sure what they other one is, I'll try and work out how to put a picture on here. :bigok:

Guest Sheila

Hulk, are you sure you have an alata? I thought I had an alata, it was labelled Nepenthes alata, but as many of them from garden centres do, it turned out to be ventrata, a hybrid of alata and ventricosa.

ah i see, i ask because i have a large aquarium and i am interested to see if a nep would grow better above the aquarium, which is open topped than it would just now. i thought that the extra humidity from the fish tank would help the pitchers...

The lights above the tank are 2 x 10,000k metal halides and 2 30w fluro tubes...

the aquarium is freshwater BTW...

didnt mean to seem if i was being a smart arse over aquarium Vs terrarium.

C