Pinguicula ID

Julio Alberto

But now I have some doubts... The shape of the flower reminds me more to the jaumavensis flower, but que hairy yellow spot is typical in debbertiana.

Hybrid? debbertiana strange flower?

Hello Julio!

Well I still think it´s a debbertiana. Flowers are quite variable and the leaves reminds me much more to debbertiana, than jaumavensis. But it´s not impossible that I´m mistaken.

By the way I searched for informations for debbertiana x jaumavensis or the other way arround several weeks ago, but couldn´t find anything. I made this crossing by myself, but it will take a few months until this hybrid will flower...

Regards Christian

P. debbertiana has a very distinct split, hairy, yellow spot in the throat at the top of the lower middle lobe. The hairy spot on Julio's plant doen't appear distinct enough in my opinion - I could be wrong though!

Here are a couple of P. debbertiana forms which both show the yellow spot.

Typical P. debbertiana

debbertiana.jpg

White-flowered form of P. debbertiana

debbertianawhite.jpg

None of my forms of P. jaumavensis show a hairy yellow spot in the throat.

P. jaumavensis "La Melara"

jaumavensisLaMelara.jpg

P. jaumavensis "Cardonal"

jaumavensisCardonal.jpg

By the way I searched for informations for debbertiana x jaumavensis or the other way arround several weeks ago, but couldn´t find anything. I made this crossing by myself, but it will take a few months until this hybrid will flower...

You can't have searched very hard! :)

Oliver Gluch's registered cultivar, Pinguicula 'Florian' is a selected clone of the cross P. debbertiana x jaumavensis See: P. 'Florian CPN' and P. 'Florian Oliver Gluch Web Site'

It does have a hairy yellow spot and is a likely candidate for Julio's plant in my view.

P. 'Florian'

Florian.jpg

Vic

Oliver Gluch's registered cultivar, Pinguicula 'Florian' is a selected clone of the cross P. debbertiana x jaumavensis See: P. 'Florian CPN' and P. 'Florian Oliver Gluch Web Site'

It does have a hairy yellow spot and is a likely candidate for Julio's plant in my view.

For me too.

I have looking at more pictures of that cultivar, specially those that are shown in the same shop where I bought my plants, and flowers are quite similar. :clapping:

Edited by Julio Alberto