Bog from scratch..

alanbower

HI all.....strange request here!

I'm considering making a bog from complete scratch and make it to fit a particular place.....I want to fashion an "interesting" looking one. Is fiber glass and resin OK or will it give off chemicals that will kill the cps!??

Any other suggestions as to what I could make it from if this isn't a good idea!??? perspex and clear silicone sealant??

Also....on second thoughts...If I built it around the downflow pipe of the guttering....would it water itself!!!??

Edited by alanbower

For a custom shape consider cast concrete as a fairly cheap option. Doesnt have to be thick as the ground will give support. There are a variety of products you can get then to paint on the inside to seal it.

Putting it under a down flow pipe will probably water it too much unless you restrict the flow by diverting most elswhere.

Edited by mantrid

For a custom shape consider cast concrete as a fairly cheap option. Doesnt have to be thick as the ground will give support. There are a variety of products you can get then to paint on the inside to seal it.

Putting it under a down flow pipe will probably water it too much unless you restrict the flow by diverting most elswhere.

I'm a renter so difficult and heavy to move when we do! needs to be easily assemble/disassemble...concrete...nice idea...but not practical unfortunately!

I'm a renter so difficult and heavy to move when we do! needs to be easily assemble/disassemble...concrete...nice idea...but not practical unfortunately!

then pond liner would be ideal, justr roll up when you move