allelochemicals present in the leaves and flowers of D regia

LauraZ5

I'm not sure about D. Regia, but I seem to recall that Drosophyllum Lusitanica does. That's the extent of my knowledge i'm afraid ;)

FWIW, I believe Allelochem's to be pesticides rather than herbicidal.

There are many species of plants that are allelopathic. One of the major threats to wetlands in my area is the invasion of introduced species that produce chemicals which inhibit the growth of other species. For this reason, many are referred to as silent killers.

Allelochems are therefore herbicidal but they may additionally possess pesticidal properties. I'm just not familiar with that added little extra "benefit" of allelopathy.

I see! My understanding is that the plant uses them to protect against pests and parasites, but of course they could also have other properties.

I know that Drosophyllum definitely produces a chemical which inhibits the growth of other plants around it (including other Drosophyllums), so perhaps that would be a good place to start.

Laura is right on. Allelochems are plant inhibitors. All plants produce them in some amount and mixture, The effectiveness is based on the strength and make-up produced by that specific species, and the resistance level of the species trying to grow in the area of effect. A plant is only called allelopathic, if it's particular allelochemical makeup is of a certain strength.

The pesticides produced by plants have another name that has slipped my mind at the moment.

They also produce fungicides, and rodenticides.