First buds

So after the snow had thawed a few days ago I went out to trim up the sarras , a Flava var. cuprea of mine has 4 buds , it's the first of my plants to realise it's spring ! . Snow forecast again for the north, lets hope that's all for us here in kent ! 

Woohoo, happy days. I noticed this evening that my Sarra is also pushing up two new pitchers, one on each growing point. 

This is kept in my porch which gets cold at night but the water trays have never frozen. Will move it outside once the frost threat has disappeared. Will most likely leave it outside next winter.

Thanks blocky, sad news though. Something also liked my new pitchers and ate them as a midnight snack a couple nights ago, I did find a tiny slug in the VFT pot yesterday. There are new pitchers pushing up again so hopefully found the culprit.

This is a small division I took last year and kept in the porch to get a head start on the growing season. The mother plant spent the winter outdoors and is still dormant.

How are your buds getting on? Hopefully the weather has been kind to you and they are developing well.

Sorry to hear about the damage mate!, I also spotted a couple of small slugs on my plants so a sprinkling of pellets went down...

It hasn't stopped raining for several days so I've not been out to look at the plants much but I did spot another bud, a first one too on a rugelli that I got as a small division last season..