All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Drosera binata comes in many forms, both red and green, so it's entirely possible it's a binata. Not sure about the others without checking as I'm no expert but it could be D. spatulata. Looks like you have some Utricularia in that pot as well.
  3. Yesterday
  4. That looks amazing! And all very tidy with beautiful plants! You should be dead proud of your work here!
  5. I ordered some plants from triffid nurseries, and in amongst the Drosera Capensis of my beginner set were some other, small drosera. One that has spoon shaped leaves (spatulata?). And one with forked leaves (binata?) but with entirely red stems not green like the one that was part of the order). Now also in the other capensis there are some entirely green spoon shaped leaves showing up and I wonder whether these are a different species again or where just covered by sphagnum moss... While we're at it, I used sphagnum moss because I ran out of peat when the order arrived and my girlfriend still had some sphagnum - is this fine? Or should I repot again? Sorry for the newbie questions, I only just got into it! Best wishes, weedabix
  6. The plants have arrived - and they look really good! Super healthy! I hope they stay that way! I have now finished my setup indoors and I am quite pleased with it! I have 4 diy led grow lights (bridgelux eb2 gen 3 3500K running at around 20W each) and I have put a window in front of the Nepenthes. On a hot day like yesterday, temps were creeping up to almost 30C in our flat so hopefully this will keep moisture up. Most of my plants are hybrids, but I am already keen to get some species of nepenthes and pinguiculas. On the pictures you see some pings and sarracenia on the top left, and right, top middle are droseras and an utricularia, bottom shelves are some orchids on the left and the Nepenthes on the right. Oh and some basil of course! My love for cp's escalated quickly! It's almost like I'm competing my girlfriend in her orchid addiction! I think I might introduce a fan soon to get the air moving a bit! It's hard to see but there is actually a gap between the perspex and the dividing board in the middle and I also left a gap at the height of the light on the right to let warm air escape. If you spot any other issues with this setup, please let me know! Best wishes and thanks for the warm welcome! weedabix
  7. Last week
  8. With direct sun + the led seedlings turn to green, so i just need to find the best condition. thanks a lot for your answers
  9. What answer do you expect on how much? Type, Watt, Lumen, Lux, pur, par or duration? Light is not as easy to quantify as leangth or weight. Better to learn your own plants under your own conditions. Unfortunattely some plants will die meanwhile.
  10. A late friend of mine made the bench - he was a patternmaker by trade so knew what he was doing! The other wooden things are mine. I bought the aluminium staging from TheGreenhousePeople who provided the Robinsons greenhouse. I asked about it's strength and was told it would be fine. So far, so good!
  11. Light is one key but how much light :) i have various % rate of germination and now my concern is more to have green seedlings instead of yellowish one. as they are young (1 week end to 3 months )
  12. Very nice indeed. Thats a stonkin wooden bench up the middle, did you make it? I like the cantilever aluminum staging too, creates space, does it come with a load limitation?. Cheers Steve
  13. Morning Guillaume_p! Hope those seedlings are coming along well! I've only tried once, but this was when I very first started attempting to grow. I'm still terrible, but getting there. I saw this post reciently by Gareth, might be helpful? He did a few tests - His experience might help out, have a look and see if there is anything you can try? Hope it helps! :)
  14. a part of my seedling are under 50w horticole led another part are under 25 W horticole led + direct sun between 15h to 17h and high light on the others period. i fear to burn it with the sun i will try a mix of sun + artificial light and see how it will grow. i'm not totally clear about the light requirement of the seedling
  15. Much of the bench space is taken up with seedlings. I'm thinking of moving them to the old greenhouse that came with the house which will free up alot of space. I can also put more benches/trays down the centre, so there's scope for many more plants. I'm hoping I won't fill it for a few years, but you never know
  16. Looks very good and some really nice plants there. How long do you give it before you fill the place up ? 1 year, 6 months? Or less? Rob
  17. I was down at Matthew's nursery the other week. He's got some fantastic plants. I hope you enjoy yours. Needless to say, I bought more than I should have (if there's such a thing).
  18. And now the plants (which is what it's all about, after all).
  19. Have now moved all my plants into the new greenhouse. Here are views from the outside ...
  20. I grow mine in living Sphagnum standing in 50mm of water all summer in a greenhouse in the UK. It survives the winter, keeping it just damp, with no further protection in the greenhouse and we are a similar hardiness zone, if a little cooler. It is native to Brazil at all sorts of altitudes, so I would immagine in Italy you shouldn't have too many problems. Cheers Steve
  21. Hey. Very beautifully made. As if the day of the life of a small plant.
  22. It's quite a healthy looking plant. I wouldn't leave Neps standing in water, they don't particularly like it. I wouldn't keep spraying the soil. Just don't let it dry out. I like to use a bottom feeding fish food in the pitchers, just a little , not too much.
  23. Hi all! I wanted to grow utricularia reniformis for a long time but i don't know what substrate to use, should can I use 4 parts peat and 1 part perlite? Is it able to thrive in zone 9 conditions? how wet is too wet? thanks!
  1. Load more activity