Yellowey tinge.....

Hi all!

This morning i recieved some neps from NEPENTI (nice plants btw!) and i couldn't help noticing that they were a lot greener than mine - which seem to have taken on a yellowey tinge in recent months. I suspected it may be sunburn so I've put some "coolglass" shading on the roof, but then again it might not be - does anyone know what could be causing this yelloweyness? The main plant in question is a ventrata, and its potted in live sphagnum moss.

Omar

Guest Sheila

I think it could be too much sun. My ventrata had a similar problem, two of the leaves in the middle of the plant yellowed and it looked as though some others were going to go the same way. I put the plant behind a net curtain and it is now staying green, though it lost the two yellow leaves.

Oh i hadn't thought of that (thank you for the thread btw Leo - should have done a search!). The plant hasn't eaten for a long time, but there are some developing pitchers, so I'll wait for some flies and see if it perks up a bit soon.

Indymental - I just had another look and it does have some purpley freckles so the yellowing leaves could be just another symptom of sunburn - I'm hoping the coolglass stuff'll help a bit there.

Thanks for all your help,

Omar