Sarracenia 'Daniel Rudd'

Cromp

I have been looking for this plant for ages. I have a couple that came frm different sources, both claiming that the plant genuine. My pitchers are not yet open but the flowers on one are huge so I am inclined to believe that's it's genuine. Slack does say that the flowers often open at the same time as the pitcher so I guess I am still none the wiser.

Alex:)

I've seen a definite real one and it has a lot more white in, as you would expect with the strong leucophylla parentage. It is also quite a strong bushy grower.

I have one that was described to me as Daniel Rudd, but it is more red than yours Wouter, with a thinner neck. My plant just looks like a nice moorei and it's possible yours is the same kind of cross.

The National Collection at Bamber Bridge. John Ainsworth kept it in a separate greenhouse from the other sarras because it's so special. I saw it a couple of years ago and I can't remember 100% what it looked like, but I recall it had a lot of pitchers that were a white and a chestnutty colour. They looked quite distinctive.