ebay neps

suzy

Just in case anyone has been looking at the neps on ebay, I have just received the following that I won on Friday

N. fusca

N. burbidgea

N. ephippiata

they are all very healthy looking, ranging in size from 3" across to about 5", with a couple of nice pitchers on each plant.

The chap has some more available if anyone is interested

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...&sort=3&rows=50

Suzy :lol::D

I got two N. fuscas the other day. They are a pretty plant with those heart shaped leaves as well as the pitchers. And as you said, the price is now finally starting to get reasonable. I guess there must be several Asian firms cranking Neps out now.

I was trying to get a N. ampullaria on ebay today - however that one went for a quite ridiculous price over £30 after P&P - and only a small plant (South West Carnivores are doing it for £15).

Shame I won't have it as a little friend in a terrarium with me at Uni now though :lol:

Anyone feel the need to share me a little bit of one if available?

Rob,

Why not contact Simon Lumb directly? The plants on Ebay are obviously those that were left over after the EEE and need a good home fast. He might have some N. ampullaria left, or be able to get you one fairly soon. The six inch plants (minimum diameter) at Reading were huge and would need a good-sized terrarium to accomodate them.

See this thread for Simon's contact details http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=839

Vic

yep, what a good buy, P+P was £1.99 and there was a 30p surcharge for PayPal.. cant complain too loudly LOL

Anyway, will let you know how the plant was when i get it...

my name on Ebay is OctoMonkey LOL

We started the year with just the one nep but my girlfriend is fasinated by them and has started a small collection on our windowsill.

Hi Paul. Are your windowsill Neps in any sort of terrarium? If not, how do you provide them with increased humidity? I am wondering whether to risk putting my N. sanguinea on the windowsill, on a tray of Hydroleca.

Regards, Janice

We started the year with just the one nep but my girlfriend is fasinated by them and has started a small collection on our windowsill.

Hi Paul. Are your windowsill Neps in any sort of terrarium? If not, how do you provide them with increased humidity? I am wondering whether to risk putting my N. sanguinea on the windowsill, on a tray of Hydroleca.

Regards, Janice

Hi

I'm not Paul :D

but this year I have been growing quite a number of my highland & lowland Nepenthes on windowsills. I have stood them on upturned pots which are standing in saucers of water. I don't mist them. And they have all including a N. sanguinea grown really well.

Another N. sanguinea plus several others have been growing in my greenhouse in hanging baskets, without any misting and with all windows & doors wide open and have pitchered like mad :D

Under these conditions they do tend to stop pitchering in the winter, although carry on growing. But once in the summer the pitchers start appearing.

Hope that helps..

cheers

bill

Hi Janice.

All my Neps are highland which don't mind the warm days and cool nights. I live on the third floor and it is pretty warm here most days. All sit on a south facing windowsill with the curtain raised to get plenty of sunlight.

I also don't mist them and to be honest, I've found them the easiest to grow out of all the plants that I grow.

Hi, I got my fusca today (friday) and have planted it. its about 3 inches across and has one 1 1/2" pitcher and another few leaves with no pitcher.

Took a couple of pics but havnt uploaded them yet but will post a link :)

okay here are two pics on strike nine, its been a slow website lately so bear with the picture LOL

as i got it... http://www.strike9.com/comments.aspx?filei...es/Dsc01042.jpg

and after potting http://www.strike9.com/comments.aspx?filei...es/Dsc01044.jpg