Cephalotus Growth pattern

travman

I expected low growing ground covering style growth :?

But my growth is getting higher and higher with pitcher's on top of the others. It looks very nice but not at the expense of the other pitchers.

So... was i wrong to expect them to spread rather than scramble up over each other?

It seem's such as shame to lose sight of the other traps under the new ones :D .

How do all your's grow?

Mine grows ever upwards. It grows three or four leaves then three or four pitchers, all spreading on top of each other. I have taken ten leaf cuttings and it still has many leaves left on it, so you can hardly see the pitchers at all. Even the cuttings are very leafy. I thought they grew most of their leaves in the winter, my plant is rapidly becoming a little bush.

Hi all:

There are two schools of thought on Cephalotus growing areas:

The first one, claims that the plant grows vigorously in relative small pots with deep bottoms. The problem with this practice is that cephalotus tends to grow one on top of the other. The second school of thougth says that the plant should grow in relative larger pots so it can grow lateral rhizomes and more pitchers will be evenly spread out!!. So I guess Travman, you may want to try at least a 7 inch pot in diameter or more.

Agustin