Curious N. ventricosa x inermis behaviour

flycatchers

Hi

I have been noticing that all my N. ventricosa x inermis plants are acting oddly. Where loads of leaves grow without developing pitchers. And then after quite some time all the pitchers start to develop and grow at once. This first occured in the winter when I didn't expect the pitchers would necessarily grow. But come the spring they did- now its happening again! Yet all my other ventricosa plants & hybrids develop one leaf at a time. Most strange :shock:

Anyone else experienced this?

cheers

bill

Guest Guenter Seiter

Hello Bill,

my N.alata var. boschiana does the same. The plant grows a lot of leaves without pitchers and then after some time it develops 4 to 6 pitchers at once :)

Greetings from Austria,

Guenter

Hi all:

The funny thing is that ventricosa is known to develop leaves without pitchers and then you get them all at once. How could it be that hybrids are behaving more like the parents?. Let's not forget that there are several types of ventricosa around, so there must be differences amongst them besides their looks.

Agustin

My Nep has produced about 9 or more leaves this year but only 3 pitchers and one of those was quite small. The other 2 were about 3 times larger than any pitcher I've seen it grow before! Magnificent. And one ot those is dead already!

Cheers

Loakesy 8)