D. adelae seedlings?

Loakesy

Has anybody got any pictures of D. adelae seedlings they could share with me?

I recently bought a D. adelae - red flower from Bob H and there seems to be some small round leafed plant in with it (somewhat remiscent of D. rotundifolia). The only thing is, is that they seem to be originating from an old piece of adelae leaf. I even have a small plant growing out of the tip of the only leaf I have on the mother plant.

Any suggestions/comments anyone? Are they like capensis in that the seedlings look nothing like the adult?

Bob, is it possible that I have a hitch-hiker?

Andy - If there is a hitchhiker it must have been there a long time, none of the plants in my terrarium flowered for me, except the adelae and they didn't set any seed that I saw :-(

I did, however, have many small adelae come up around the mother plants, from the roots, but they had similar leaf for to the adults.

D.adelae rarely set seeds but they do produce lots of plants from their roots.

From what I have seen, small plants have roundish leaves, becoming more oval and eventually the more familiar pointed shape as the plants get bigger.

I think its quite likely the babies you have are adelae.

I'll try to do some pictures in the morning unless someone beats me to it...

I agree with Ben on this one, especialy as you say they are comming from an old leaf as these grow well from leaf cuttings. Sounds like you adelae is multipying fast :lol: and yes baby adeale have roundish leaves.

I have never seen a seedling, I have sown seed but it never germinated for me... :cry:

George

Thanks for your comments folks!

I guess I used to word "seedling" to mean a young plant. Whether it was from seed, root or from leaf cutting I cannot tell. What would you call a plant which was produced from a leaf cutting?

I'm more inclined to think that they are adelae, it's just off-putting when the leaves look like something completely different.