Sarracenia

Just started on keeping carnivorous plants last year and got myself a Sarracenia I think is a smoorii. Anyway I cut it down over the winter and keeped it in my unheated greenhouse. Now I am really pleased it it as 2 flowers and growing nicely. Such an unusual flower. I will not be going to try and grow any from the seeds I am quit happy with the plant and flowers. I may get another one and see if next year I can get that to flower to.

All the best to you all Les

Sarracenia Smoorii.jpg

Sarracenia Smoorii 1.jpg

Well done on getting it to flower in your first year. Sarracenia do not self-pollinate so unless you've got insects around you'll have to pollinate it yourself to get any seed. Seed pods take a while to mature so there wouldn't be any seeds until at least September/October time.

To me your plants looks as if it needs more light so make sure it's in your brightest window.

• Thanks 1

Hi Linuxman, Sorry for late reply. I did before but must not have hit submit reply.Thank for your help and advice much appreciated.

I will not bother with seeds, just enjoy the flowers and plant itself. It as been in the greenhouse since last summer and is back in there now. I just brought it in to take the photo's and show my wife how nice the flower is.