Flower after pitchers

zwargy

Hello CP enthusiasts,

some of my sarracenias make this year pitchers first and after that comes the flower bud. As I know, the flower is always first, so it can be pollinated safely without trapping the insect.

I am worried that these spring pitchers won´t grow so big and how the following pitchers will be produced after the growth of pitchers was interrupted with a flower.

Have you ever experienced this? What can be the reason? Maybe the weather - changing very warm and chilly days?

I am sending some pictures, you can see it well in the second picture (lidless flava).

Thanks for any advice and opinion!

Vladislav

DSCN4478.JPG

DSCN4479.JPG

DSCN4481.JPG

Edited by zwargy

3 hours ago, Alexis said:

Don't worry, once the pitchers have started they'll just grow as normal, whether or not a flower is aborted or damaged.

Sometimes plants are weird and grow wonky or not as expected for many reasons.

Thanks Alexis, I have never experienced this and I grow sarracenias for multiple years. Many of my plants grow like that this year, so I don´t think it is a coincidence. It was the first year I kept the plants in the greenhouse in winter (with heating), I guess it has something to do with weather or temperature fluctuation.