Hi there,

I am Andreas (35) from Germany and apologize for my not very good English. I've been involved with carnivores for a very long time. It all started with a small Venus flytrap on my window sill when I was 12 years old. Meanwhile I have a small bog bed and a carnivore terrarium.  

I had to close my terrarium at short notice because of a move. Unfortunately, due to misunderstandings, some of my plants were damaged during transport. For this reason, my plants in the terrarium do not look very good at the moment. I think that will come back over time.

Since I like to experiment a lot, this time I designed a wet area next to the slate fountain that was already in my old pool.

The pool was designed in such a way that the water (the pump only runs 30 minutes a day) floods this area and can then drain off again in the sphangum area (favoured via an artificial pipe system in the expanded clay).

The wet area is mainly reserved for Drosera madagascariensis. If you can think of any other plants (preferably no Utricularia) that I could plant in the wet area, please feel free to write to me. I placed sphangum on the slate stone fountain. The fountain, which only runs every other day for 30 minutes a day, keeps the sphagnum continuously moist to wet.

The rest of the pool was laid out in a cascading fashion.

I am open to questions and hints (tips).

Link to my terrarium:

Pictures of my terrarium: 

20210607_191039.jpg

20210608_143526.jpg

20210608_144212.jpg

20210608_152352.jpg

20210608_152416.jpg

20210611_164335.jpg

DSC04223.JPG

DSC04214.JPG

DSC04235.JPG

DSC04228.JPG