Any update on the UK Carnivorous Plant society?

MikeP

Whereas I can see my £20 taken from my account on the 7th January after applying for new membership on the 4th of January.  I’ve heard nothing for nearly 8 weeks. 

Let’s fix this.  All we need is some sort of communication from the CP Soc.

We have at least two willing volunteers here. Can anyone let the CP Soc know?

• 3 weeks later...

OK so it’s six months now since I ordered seed and the stratification period has now gone for the year. When do I give up and ask for a refund….?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fangfarrier said:

I’m at 2 1/2 months for membership. I’ve just filled in this month’s contact form and asked for a reply. I guess the next step is to assume that this charity is defunct and the charities commission need to wind it up?

I'm at a month waiting as well. I did get a Paypal email confirming my money had been taken though.

@gardenofeden Could you tell us where and when the AGM is being held? As you are the only representative of the charity available to anyone at all, could you also confirm that having paid my dues I am allowed to have my voice heard at the AGM?

Stephen

if you see this is it worth asking the seed bank where I am in the queue for my seeds or should I just give up and ask for a refund?

Mike

Edited by MikeP

Stephen. As you are the only point of contact as far as I now see it Another thought occurs to me regarding the yearly limit on seeds. If I don’t get last years before renewal time will I automatically lose the entitlement? 

After having given up the seedbank back in July to another member due to severe ill health (which is still extremely bad), it was finally returned to me last week and very quickly got to the new volunteer.  However the new volunteer has now returned it within days as decided they did not want to do the role.  I am starting to deal with the backlog and aim to get these orders out as soon as possible, however I am having to sort it all out back into a useable format as it has come back in rather a mess to say the least, so took me over 1hour to find 4 individual packets - I had hoped to do the orders before ordering it all but this has proven impossible.  I’m hoping to have finished sorting it back into alphabetical order in the next day or two and then I will be getting the outstanding seed orders out - realistically I’m expecting it to take me another day or two to finish organising it.

I am also in the process of hunting down new seed, so if anyone has seed for sale please let me know.

I am exceptionally sorry to all who have been affected, and please be assured I will not let it affect your new membership year’s entitlement 

• Thanks 1

Hello @Picavorus!

welcome back. Is there any chance you can reach out to the committee and get someone to contact me, please?

I'm more than happy to help but I’ve had no one contact me since I joined 3 months ago. There’s no acknowledgement, no welcome (pack) and no answers to the numerous attempts I have made, both through the official website and telephone number, despite offering to help sort this out. 

please DM me for contact details. 

Ian

Thank you for the detailed reply. Hope you get better soon. Is there any way anyone can help with the seed bank?

Once it’s in order, and up to date then we will be looking for a new volunteer, but currently it’s just a case of organising it, ordering in new seed (I’m in the process of doing so) and getting orders out.  However, the task is rather a lot bigger than I had originally anticipated.

Actually putting together the orders isn’t going to be too bad once it’s sorted, as I’ve already got everything prepared for them

On 3/16/2022 at 3:50 PM, Dar said:

I'm at a month waiting as well. I did get a Paypal email confirming my money had been taken though.

@gardenofeden Could you tell us where and when the AGM is being held? As you are the only representative of the charity available to anyone at all, could you also confirm that having paid my dues I am allowed to have my voice heard at the AGM?

No date set for the AGM. Likely to be in May. We have a new membership Secretary and are working hard to get the database sorted and member backlog addressed before the AGM , thanks Stephen

Hi all

over the past few days I have had telephone/video calls with both Fiona and Phil. 
It seems due to ill health that the society has fallen a little behind, but I left both conversations with a positive feeling that things will improve and improve quickly. I have volunteered my services to the society and during my week off next week I will (once some files are sent) sort out the membership database. I’ve also said I will help produce a newsletter/journal to all the members soonest. A digital copy should be available before a printed copy. 
The seed bank is now in a good pair of hands and there are positive signs that the bank will be back on track soon. 
If you have skills and spare time please think about jotting down a page or so of ideas, thoughts, experiences etc that could be used in a newsletter and journal. Feel free to DM me with your copy. 

Ad Astra per Ardua

Ian

Edited by fangfarrier

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 9:03 PM, Picavorus said:

Once it’s in order, and up to date then we will be looking for a new volunteer, but currently it’s just a case of organising it, ordering in new seed (I’m in the process of doing so) and getting orders out.  However, the task is rather a lot bigger than I had originally anticipated.

Actually putting together the orders isn’t going to be too bad once it’s sorted, as I’ve already got everything prepared for them

Any idea where my order is in the queue?

Hi all,

all membership packs should now be with the new members. if they are not please let me know and I will make sure the right person knows. 
@MikeP - I know a large order for fresh seeds is being made at the moment. I’ll update you when I know more. 

all the beat

Ian

• Like 1

7da47eb3-50d7-4ce8-9ca8-32fa0dba740a.png
26888c67-655f-4965-90eb-5ff9e1bed7bb.png
Est. 1978.  Registered Charity number 281423
(Registered 1981)

Dear Members

The 2022 Annual General Meeting of the Carnivorous Plant Society will be held onSaturday 28th May 2022 at 3pm. As last year, the meeting will be online via Zoom, however we will not be using Eventbrite for registration.

If you wish to attend the AGM, please email [email protected]. You will be sent a link to join the Zoom meeting.

The outline agenda is provided below this message. If there are any items you wish to have added to the agenda, please provide these in writing no later than Saturday 14th May either by email or by post, using the details below:

Email: [email protected]

Kind regards

Fiona Wowra
Secretary
The Carnivorous Plant Society

Agenda

• Welcome
  • Chair’s Report
  • Treasurer's Report
  • Membership Report
  • Seed Bank Report
  • Trustee Elections - standing for election are:
    • Phil Wilson
    • Fiona Wowra
    • Ian Ladd
  • Committee Elections - standing for election are:
    • Chair – Phil Wilson
    • Secretary – Fiona Wowra
    • Treasurer – Phil Wilson
    • Membership Secretary – Debra Blackburn
    • Newsletter Editor – Ian Jones
    • Social Media Officer – Ian Ladd
    • Conservation Officer – Stephen Morley
    • Deputy Conservation Officer – Francisco Gorni
    • Events Organiser – Ben Morris
    • Internet Officer – Dave Quarrell
    • Librarian – Phil Wilson
  • Vacant Committee Roles
    • Vice Chair
    • Seed Bank Organiser
    • Enquiries Officer
    • Show Secretary
    • Promotions Officer
    • GDPR Officer
  • Future Plans for the Society
  • AOB
  • Close
Copyright © 2022 The Secretary, The Carnivorous Plant Society, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a member of the Carnivorous Plant Society

open.php?u=0cfb58b5b46f130c50616151b&id=

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 2:35 PM, fangfarrier said:

Hi all,

all membership packs should now be with the new members. if they are not please let me know and I will make sure the right person knows. 
@MikeP - I know a large order for fresh seeds is being made at the moment. I’ll update you when I know more. 

all the beat

Ian

As my annual renewal is not so far away will I be able to combine the current order with ‘next years’?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

seeds received today thanks. Now I need to decide if I should try sowing them this year or wait……

• daveq locked this topic