Any update on the UK Carnivorous Plant society?

MikeP

Not heard anything for a while now about the intentions for the society. Does anyone have any info on what is going to happen with it?

It was paused earlier in the year so they could review its organisation as I understand it. No updates since then…

Things are operational.  There were volunteer shortages during COVID and just after.  We have a new membership secretary (well, it's Ron once again).  He's able to process memberships once a week.  Please keep in mind that it can take 21 days for you to receive your membership pack.  Also, at present, and historically, our system doesn't send an email confirmation of sign-up.  It's the PayPal receipt that acts as confirmation.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Richard Bunn said:

Things are operational.  There were volunteer shortages during COVID and just after.  We have a new membership secretary (well, it's Ron once again).  He's able to process memberships once a week.  Please keep in mind that it can take 21 days for you to receive your membership pack.  Also, at present, and historically, our system doesn't send an email confirmation of sign-up.  It's the PayPal receipt that acts as confirmation.  

Hi Richard,

I totally understand the Society's run by volunteers in your own free and spare time, I know from experience this isn't easy hence while I stepped down as Club Secretary from Farnham and District MDC... and I would like to say thank you and I appreciate everything that you and the Committee do for the Society.

On separate note I placed an order for my seeds allocation on the 22nd August and they've yet to arrive, please could you let me and I guess another's know the length of time it takes to dispatch seed allocations. Please don't think that I complaining because I'm not, it would be nice to know.

Kind regards 

Lee

@Bog boyWe had a change of seedbank organiser around that time so your request may have been lost in the transfer.  Please contact the society on https://www.thecps.org.uk/contact.php with your details and what you ordered if you can recall that.  The Enquiries Officer will then look into it for you.  

23 hours ago, Richard Bunn said:

@stuarttaylor37 I forgot to tag you in the post.  So I'm quoting it and tagging you for your info.  

So all up and running again?

11 hours ago, Richard Bunn said:

@Bog boyWe had a change of seedbank organiser around that time so your request may have been lost in the transfer.  Please contact the society on https://www.thecps.org.uk/contact.php with your details and what you ordered if you can recall that.  The Enquiries Officer will then look into it for you.  

Thank you for your reply Richard, I'll contact the Enquiries Officer.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, Richard Bunn said:

@Richard Brunn just updating you about my undelivered seed order placed on the 22nd August, I have used the contact link you supplied which should of gone to the Enquiries Officer. It's now a week later and I have still yet to hear or receive anything. If I'm jumping the gun abit then I do apologise but I thought the Enquiries Officer would of acknowledged or known something by now. Do you have any other suggestions to what I should do now?

Many thanks,

Lee

On 9/14/2021 at 7:18 PM, Bog boy said:

@Richard Brunn just updating you about my undelivered seed order placed on the 22nd August, I have used the contact link you supplied which should of gone to the Enquiries Officer. It's now a week later and I have still yet to hear or receive anything. If I'm jumping the gun abit then I do apologise but I thought the Enquiries Officer would of acknowledged or known something by now. Do you have any other suggestions to what I should do now?

Many thanks,

Lee

I just spoke to the enquiries officer and they forwarded your enquiry on to the seedbank manager.  I'd appreciate it if you wait for him to have time to reply to you.  We're all volunteers doing this in our spare time and I know he only has one free day a week to work on CPS stuff.  

Many thanks.  

• 1 month later...

Anybody successfully ordered seeds recently? I sent an order back in September and have heard nothing since despite chasing it up a couple of times.

• daveq locked this topic