Advice Needed for D. prolifera Growth

Toxic Fox

I've been trying to grow a D. prolifera but I've been having some trouble with it, and would like some input from those that have grown them before. Ever since I received the plant 2 months ago, the plant has only very slowly put out small, green leaves that appear wilted and never produce any mucilage (the larger leaves in the picture were already present prior to the plant's shipment). The plant is planted in 100% New Zealand long-fiber sphagnum moss and is kept moist with distilled water. The humidity of the chamber is around 70% with a temperature of around 28C during the day (summertime here in Texas). At first the plant was given full light but I've read that D. prolifera prefers filtered light. I tried giving the plant some shade for 2 weeks but its condition has not improved at all. Any suggestions on what I can do to improve this plant's condition would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

D. prolifera.jpg