Sarracenia decline

DCallan

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what could be causing one of my sarracenia pots to be putting on poor bendy growth right now. The two pots in the picture are exactly the same flava type that I devided in January 2020. They are watered from the same water source and recieved the same amount of light.it didnt do great last year either.20210603_155325.thumb.jpg.e9a0696120a8915e69ef9f6d4372ddf0.jpg

Edited by DCallan

I have this on a few of my plants as well. So, if you find out what causes it I'd be very interested!

I've always thought it was the result of some pest - aphids or thripps etc. but I don't know for sure. ATM I'm drenching my plants with bug kiiler after quarantining. Doubt I'll know this works until next year though. Other possible reasons could be rhizome rot or in the worst case, a virus (hopefully not but I don't know how to tell).

Best of luck.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, linuxman said:

I have this on a few of my plants as well. So, if you find out what causes it I'd be very interested!

I've always thought it was the result of some pest - aphids or thripps etc. but I don't know for sure. ATM I'm drenching my plants with bug kiiler after quarantining. Doubt I'll know this works until next year though. Other possible reasons could be rhizome rot or in the worst case, a virus (hopefully not but I don't know how to tell).

Best of luck.

Thanks. I suspect it could be the soil but there is one rhizome in the pot that is doing good so it's a mystery

20 hours ago, DCallan said:

Thanks. I suspect it could be the soil but there is one rhizome in the pot that is doing good so it's a mystery

Yes, I was wondering about sand containing lime. Have you used sand, 'cause I know I have?! But. the sand I used was supposed to be lime-free.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, linuxman said:

Yes, I was wondering about sand containing lime. Have you used sand, 'cause I know I have?! But. the sand I used was supposed to be lime-free.

No, I dont use sand. Just peat and perlite. 

• 3 months later...