Hello from Reading

TerryH

Hello, I am quite new to carnivorous plants although I have lots of CP seeds in pots and am waiting (hoping?) for them to germinate. I am reading The Savage Garden at the moment. My plant interests are quite varied - I have collections of lithops, conophytums and fritillaries (all grown from seed). I also grow hardy palm trees from seed although that is a very long-term project! I am looking forward to meeting others who are interested in carnivorous plants.

Terry.

Thank you for your welcomes. I have several Sarracenias and Dionaeas cold stratifying in damp tissues in the fridge at the moment. I also have Sarracenias, Nepenthes, Droseras and a Utriculata in pots of sphagnum moss and sand in a sheltered position outside although I am about to move them into the greenhouse to give them some warmth. They are covered in a fine netting so that birds and other creatures can't get to them. The seeds all came from a commercial supplier.

I use water from an indoor dehumidifier on CPs. This water should be pure with no minerals or bacteria.

Terry.

Edited by TerryH