Drosera regia leaves

Carnivor

Hello everyone,

I have a Drosera regia which successfully passed winter dormancy and looked nice after that:

The plant has been fed with a several flies.

50986404037_d423458c25_o.jpg

After that the sundew started growing its flower stalk and currently the plant has only 3-4 leaves at the same period of time. It dries the oldest leaf and grows up a new one. Before drying, it becomes covered with reddish spots and then starts dry as normal leaf from a leave tip.

51176300346_c70d4d06aa_o.jpg

Is it normal? It is probably related to flowering.

The leaves certainly do this as they die - go red and sticky. However, I don't find they reduce leaves with flowering. Your flowering plant looks a bit yellowish (may be camera/photo) compared to the earlier picture - is it getting enough light? Is it inside just for the photo? I find the big sundews do better either outside or in a greenhouse as houses are too dry.

2 hours ago, Dunc said:

The leaves certainly do this as they die - go red and sticky. However, I don't find they reduce leaves with flowering. Your flowering plant looks a bit yellowish (may be camera/photo) compared to the earlier picture - is it getting enough light? Is it inside just for the photo? I find the big sundews do better either outside or in a greenhouse as houses are too dry.

You are right regarding the leafs color on the photo: it differs from natural color. Leafs are green but the plant dries old leafs quicker then in period of time after dormancya and before flowering.