What is your most vigorous Sarracenia? What is the most vigorous Sarracenia in your opinion?

Skuxman

I heard about these extremely vigorous Mooreis like "Sarracenia Leah Wilkerson"! Are there any other Moorei variants worth mentioning?

Admittedly, I didn't have a good experience with Sarracenia x Moorei "Brooke's Hybrid" as it would only pitcher twice in a year before producing phyllodes...

KR

• 1 month later...

By vigorous do you mean quick to produce offsets, or producing lots of pitchers in a season? Slack's flava 'Maxima' forms a good clump pretty quickly and will produce at least three or four pitchers per growing point. Brooks Hybrid gets really tall, but isn't the quickest to form a clump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yeah, I agreed with you too that oreophila is very vigorous for me too. By the way, I need your help. I am tired of my weed plants in my lawn and I want to get rid of them. Can you help me in choosing weed killer from this site? Because I don't know which one is good for your lawn. It is my first time buying weed killer and that is why I am so confused. I will be thankful to you if you answer my question soon.

Edited by TheresaJWilson

On 1/17/2022 at 5:20 AM, TheresaJWilson said:

Yeah, I agreed with you too that oreophila is very vigorous for me too. By the way, I need your help. I am tired of my weed plants in my lawn and I want to get rid of them. Can you help me in choosing weed killer from this site? Because I don't know which one is good for your lawn. It is my first time buying weed killer and that is why I am so confused. I will be thankful to you if you answer my question soon.

Weedol/Verdone has always been my 'go to'. Search Amazon to see. Concentrate is fairly economic and easy to spray or water on - calm days only. Seems to clear most weeds apart from horse tail (which needs something that sticks better).