Which peat supplier

I've got to the stage that i now need to purchase 100 litre bales of peat rather than 5 litre bags of the stuff of which i have been buying for many years, i have searched for days/weeks and cannot buy any bales anywhere locally (Preston, Lancashire) so have to purchase online (Ebay.)

The Clover and Bord na Mona sites state there is a seller locally but when visiting the garden centre stated I am told sorry but we do not stock that particular item but do have other Clover/Bord na Mona products available. So which does everyone recommend

Clover sphagnum moss (item number 224238054350)

Or

Barren Yennie peat moss (item number 203236423563)  never heard of this company though.

That is unless anyone knows of another place i can purchase a bale of peat that is suitable and definitely does not contain any additives/nutrients.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pirks

10 hours ago, billynomates666 said:

It says in the write up free from artificial additives. Are you thinking of Westland peat?

Cheers

Steve

I can't find the post where im sure it mentioned evergreen had nutrients in. I will keep looking and let you know when i find it.

Thanks for everyone's help. 

11 hours ago, pirks said:

I can't find the post where im sure it mentioned evergreen had nutrients in. I will keep looking and let you know when i find it.

Thanks for everyone's help. 

There was a discussion over Vitax a while ago, but it was a misunderstanding (Vitax peat is superb). Most peat suppliers won't catagorically confirm their peat is safe for carnivorous plants if you ask them.

Personally I've found every brand to be absolutely fine, apart from Westland. But that was 10 years ago so might be ok now.

It's a natural product at the end of the day, so there is always the chance some poorer quality product will be excavated whatever the brand.

Thanks Alexis you have no idea how much money you've saved me. 

Researching for the best peat on here without actually asking the question brings up a minefield.

I have read up on many posts with regard to Westland peat and i will not be risking any of my carnivorous plants with their products. 

We did purchase some of their multi purpose compost two years ago for the garden planters and i decided on opening the bag i shall never use Westland compost again as it was full of what i can only describe as non decompostable organic matter.

Well God only knows what i typed in to find the post as ive retyped in everything i can think of but come up with nothing, maybe evergreen and Westland were mentioned in the same post is all I can think of and i have mistakenly got them mixed up. 

Anyhow my bales of evergreen have arrived so thanks for the link Alexis

• Thanks 1