U jameoniana flower

I really didnt expect this to happen!  Bought a small clump of this species some 4-6 weeks ago. By reputation really hard species. Now to my supprice it is in Bloom. Is it struggeling for its life after transit, or did I do something right?      

20201116_204014.jpg

20201116_204021.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic. Let's hope you did something right!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, yes lets hope. I realized looking at the photo, that there are one new leaf Since potted.  That is promising.

Do anyone know if jamesoniana can be self pollinated. And....how?

Br

Magnus 

Edited by Tropfrog
Misspell

Does sound promising, it will be nice to see developments next year.  Sorry I don't know the answer to your question.

I just had the plant for 6 weeks. So maybe the blooming was triggered by the conditions in transit?

Anyway. It is in a seed tray with clear plastic lid. Like those ones sold for young seedlings. It sits in a few mm of water. So proboably high humidity and stagnant air.  It is placed in my basement where this time of the year is 15-16 degrees. The old t5 aquarium light used proboably raise it a few degrees during the day.

This is just a temporary setup as I am building a rack with 4 terrariums with better light right now. 

Today the flower looked like it was ready so I tried to self polinnate it. I have to get back on the result. 

Br

Magnus