Cephalotus follicularis, a true survivor after 64 days in transit!!

KEPBEPOS

The story began on 9-8-2020 ! I bought the plants from Harro Heidt a very nice  and well known grower from Germany and he send them to me on 9-8-2020 very well packed and poted! The plants were stay to Germany until 30-9-20  DHL could not   find them anywere in Germany  althouth  Harro did anything that he could to find the plants ! I receive them in Greece  after 64 days of shipping  on 13-10-2020 and all that time the cephalotus ware in dark! As you will see the plants after so many days without the light they lost all the green tissue leafs and pitchers and they produse a white new growth without leafs or pitchers! To avoide sunburns the plants stay in a shade the first week  , the plants show new growth 3 weeks after I receive them and then I put them in a suny windshield.

I treat them with two systemic fungicides when I receive them first for Botrytis (Captan ) and second LEIMAY S Amisulbrom 20% for downy mildew.

The plants on 9-8-20 !

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg

The plants on 13-10-20  after 64 days of shipping!

11.jpg22.jpg

33.jpg

The plants on 10-11-2020 almost a month after  I receive them!

124815513_1487032341487716_3136839568650341484_n.jpg

Edited by KEPBEPOS
  • Like 2

• KEPBEPOS changed the title to Cephalotus follicularis, a true survivor after 64 days in transit!!

Hi, 

I posted this process on 14th of October in the German Forum (Hart im Nehmen - tough)

https://forum.carnivoren.org/forums/topic/50111-hart-im-nehmen/

It is almost unbelievable that the plants survived, but they are as I wrote, tough.

Harro

Edited by Harro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 10:46, Harro said:

Ciao, 

Ho pubblicato questo processo il 14 ottobre nel forum tedesco (Hart im Nehmen - difficile)

https://forum.carnivoren.org/forums/topic/50111-hart-im-nehmen/

È quasi incredibile che le piante siano sopravvissute, ma sono, come ho scritto, resistenti.

Harro

hi harro do you have cephalotus available?