Perlite recommendations

SuzyUK

Hi All

Im new to CP’s anD the forum.  I’m from Northwest England an am Building a bog planter outside.  I’ve purchased 100 litres of Clover peat but need an online link for a SAFE perlite with no vermiculite.  If you don’t have a link a pic of the package will be great.  I need this ASAP so any help is greatly appreciated!   

thanks very much.

cheers 

Suzy

Any perlite off eBay that isn't Miracle Gro branded should be fine. It's pretty difficult to find perlite that is mixed with vermiculite (it should clearly say in the description if it is) or that isn't safe to be honest.

But if you are planting outside bear in mind the perlite will just float to the top in the rain, making its inclusion a bit redundant. You might be better with potting grit. RHS Kelkay is a safe brand and you can buy it at Homebase.

Bag illustration: https://www.homebase.co.uk/rhs-horticultural-potting-grit-large-pack_p372925

Edited by Alexis

Thanks Alex, Would this be a base along the bottom or mixed as a percentage of the peat?  I was going to have no holes in the bottom but holes 10 mm from top media level around the back of the planter for excess drainage if that helps!   Thanks again I appreciate the advice.