Does it need dormancy?

Plantfreak

Drosera pygmaea go dormant in the wild, but peter d’amato says in “The Savage Garden” that some pygmies don’t go into summer dormancy if you keep them damp. Should I or should I not do summer dormancy? (I don’t have a drosera pygmaea yet, I’m just considering getting one)

I have no experience with drosera pygmaea in particular but since it is one of the easier species and it has a wide natural range I think it should be fine when kept wet in the summer. My D. scorpiodes (also an easy pygmy) are kept wet year round and they are fine. 

I have one pot growing on my windowsill and another one outside in the greenhouse. I'm going to leave them in the greenhouse in the winter since I don't have any space left on the windowsill. As long as it doesn't get too cold I'm positive they will survive. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 9:02 PM, jasperD said:

I have one pot growing on my windowsill and another one outside in the greenhouse. I'm going to leave them in the greenhouse in the winter since I don't have any space left on the windowsill. As long as it doesn't get too cold I'm positive they will survive. 

Good to know. I'm planning on purchasing a scorpioides but I'm in a flat so can only grow indoors.

• 5 weeks later...