Sign in to follow this  
Agus

Can i use trichoderma hazarnium for nepenthes seeds instead fungicide for protection agains fungal disease

Hello everyone im new in this forum and just being this forum member for few weeks i guess :biggrin:

so i wanna germinate nepenthes seeds and thinking to provide them 100% humidity at first for better result. But at 100% humidity, fungi could thrive and harming seeds, i need to find way to fix this and come to my mind  using trichoderma sp as bioagent agains harmfull fungi instead fungicide, i heard this fungi have mutualistic relation with plant by providing them protection agains fungal disease especially seeds, this fungus prey on other fungus without harming plants, could this fungi works for this, i just wanna make sure

i have lost nepenthes seedling before and it’s make me sad :sad:

Hi, I live in North Texas. Humidity is 35-60 percent (usually around 50) , and the temperatures are 90-105 in the summertime (it’s mostly 100). I’m wondering if I could grow sarracenia minor, alata, and possibly rubra outside??? I’m just a noob with a (species unknown) nepenthes, a drosera capensis, and a typical dionaea muscipula. I already have a 20 gallon long aquarium, so I’m hoping to stuff some CPs in there at one point or another. But there’s only a dionaea flower stalk cutting in there under the fluorescents so far. Also, how could I cool the terrarium to room temp so that it has higher relative humidity? 

P.S. I fed my d capensis a fly about two weeks ago, and the leaf still hasn’t uncurled. The leaf is not visibly dying. Wutz up??.