Hello there

KneeHi

Hi there and hope everyone is doing well.

I'm new to the carnivorous plant community and bought a VFT about two weeks ago from B&Q, I also bought distilled water and soil for carnivorous plants, it sits in my window were it gets lots of light.

Just wondered if any one had any advice, my VTF seems to be a little droopy  and all pictures of VFT I've seen the seem to be standing up

Can you post a picture?Is it stood in a saucer of water?Have you repotted it?  There are many things that could cause this,was it looking good when you bought it,or was it dried out like many are?

28 minutes ago, ada said:

Can you post a picture?Is it stood in a saucer of water?Have you repotted it?  There are many things that could cause this,was it looking good when you bought it,or was it dried out like many are?

Hi Ada,

When I brought it was dried out and it did have a stalk which I cut off, I have repotted it but Its not standing in water but I do give it water when I see the soil is damp.

15930793025722190310120965228916.jpg

To be honest it doesn't look as bad as I thought,some are crispy! It needs to be stood in about 2cm of water all the time if it's in the window.   It can get very hot behind glass in the house,also with windows open in the heat,the draught can be very drying to a plants leaves/traps.  So find a little saucer and keep it wet all summer and it should recover well.

31 minutes ago, ada said:

To be honest it doesn't look as bad as I thought,some are crispy! It needs to be stood in about 2cm of water all the time if it's in the window.   It can get very hot behind glass in the house,also with windows open in the heat,the draught can be very drying to a plants leaves/traps.  So find a little saucer and keep it wet all summer and it should recover well.

Thank you I will do that  I also leave it outside so it can get more light and then bring it in in the evening once the sun has gone down.

I will let you know how I get on, thank you once again 

2 minutes ago, Lee Chamberlain said:

Try not to place the plant in direct sunlight straight away especially with the heatwave we are experiencing at the moment..  A slightly shaded area would be ideal to start off with.

Cool thank Lee will put it in a shady are

Many thanks