Nepenthes Gaya

Hi everyone, im new to this forum but have been collecting cp's for around 15 years with great success, basically everything that will be fine in my raised outdoor bogs all year round. 

I recently purchased my first nepenthes hybrid (gaya) which now sits on my well lit and pretty humid bathroom windowsill. The plant is doing great atm but i have a few questions.....

1. After delivery, obviously the pitchers were dry, should i put any water in them?

2. What should i feed it every now and then?....ive been told that the odd spray of sb invigorator is fine?

3. I work away from home a week at a time occasionally,  my bog plants are fine  as i can fill it up

but what about the nepenthes ?

Many thanks, steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Yes putting a bit of water in nepenthes pitchers can help shipped plants settle down. Neps are not fussy and almost any plant feed is good at half strength. Standing in a bit of water is ok occasionally If you are away. Or try a tray of sand, stand on that and water sand well to the point of water logging , should last a while

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1