Setting up a misting system

Hi all,

After a little advise. The relative humidity in my greenhouse is constantly dropping below 30% given the current hot weather. All my Sarrs are stood in 1-2 inches of water. I find myself damping down the greenhouse floor to help bring this up a little.

I was looking at a misting system to help automate this process on the hotter days!

My question is, would you set it up to spray the Canopy’s of the plants ( with rain water) or set it to just wet the floor and therefore fed by normal tap water?

Regards

Neil

With orchids, I had a misting system and water storage containers under the benches to wet all the floor and keep the atmosphere damp.  It worked well.  I would have thought if you mist the canopies of CPs, there will be a danger of scorch in the midday sun unless you have a lot of shade cloth on and then you are reducing the sunlight they need.  Perhaps mist the tops in the evening, but I would be careful during the day.

Rob

So I have one measuring the RH @40% inside the GH, another inside reading 48% with the outside RH measuring @40%

Perhaps a humidity reader which sets off the misting system aimed at the GH floor if it drops below a certain %...