kentakenta

Repotting or not

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie sarracenia owner. I got my first plant 3 weeks ago. When they arrived, those two new growing pitchers in the photo were just sprouts. Comparing with its growing speed, it seems to me like this pot is small for my plant. Should I repot it? Is it a bit late to repot, since it is out of dormancy? Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_20200516_045228.jpg

IMG_20200516_045213.jpg

I wouldn't bother for this year. Sarracenia don't mind being root bound anyway. But if you do repot just transplant the lot into a bigger pot and pack more compost round it trying not to disturb the roots too much.

It seems like your plant might not be getting  enough light. The new pitcher looks a bit elongated and pale and the "leaf" part from the pitcher is fairly big. Make sure your plant is in a sunny spot. 

Jasper

Alexis and Jasper, thank you for your replies. I was also wondering why they are so "long" and you have been diagnosed it without asking. The weather was rainy for two weeks when my plant arrived. However, it has direct sunlight almost for day long now. I hope it is because of the previous rainy days and will be ok.

Yes, it is on a south front windowsill. Actually, my balcony is open from both south and west sides, so I am moving it there in order to make it get more light, for a couple days. I guess I need to keep moving it to my balcony.