Sign in to follow this  
cefa@

Truncata temps range and watering.

Hello, as we all know N. truncata is a very widespread species and I'd be interested to know what temps you give to yours and possibly what clones they are. Also, I've heard some people had particular issues concerning watering too much their plants... what do you think?

Hi! I have a truncata highland mt. Pasian, but no one of Borneo Exotics clones... it is more an intermediate than a real highland nepenthes... it grows in a range between 11 C and 30/35 C... it is very tolerant to very low humidity (30%), but with low humidity pitchers are smaller... in winter I keep it indoor, on a table under artificial light (a common led to read)... 4 days ago I put it outside (now minimum 11 C, but it should tollerate 7/8 C without damnages)... in winter I water it every 10 days (the live sphagnum on the top of substrate tell me when to water it from above)... when I put it outside, I keep always 2 mm ore more of water in try and don’t water from above

On 4/9/2020 at 12:56 PM, Argo88 said:

Hi! I have a truncata highland mt. Pasian, but no one of Borneo Exotics clones... it is more an intermediate than a real highland nepenthes... it grows in a range between 11 C and 30/35 C... it is very tolerant to very low humidity (30%), but with low humidity pitchers are smaller... in winter I keep it indoor, on a table under artificial light (a common led to read)... 4 days ago I put it outside (now minimum 11 C, but it should tollerate 7/8 C without damnages)... in winter I water it every 10 days (the live sphagnum on the top of substrate tell me when to water it from above)... when I put it outside, I keep always 2 mm ore more of water in try and don’t water from above

Thanks!