I was just trimming away some black leaves on my vft. noticed that there are what look like white or shiny bugs moving in and out of the soil. I'm worried now. What are they and how do i get rid of them? It needs to go dormant soon should I just make it dormant early ? 

16 hours ago, RobH said:

The bugs are probably harmless but please post a close up picture if possible so they can be identified.

Rob

Ok I have circled the bug in black which is probably the worst colour I could have chosen.

HkCAUKK.jpg

T3igbsO.jpg

And some general shots of the plant, it's autumn leaves :lookeye:

jn8MUWA.jpg

MWcfQn0.jpg

I am sorry I cannot really help with those bugs Steve, but I am sure another member will comment.  If the little white bugs jump, they could be springtails, but it is very difficult to see and I will let another member add their comments.  I don't think they are a problem but it you are worried, wash all the soil off the plant, wash the plant and repot into fresh compost.  It should not be too late to do this and do not try to make the plant go dormant early, it is unlikely to do any good.

Kind regards,  Rob