Help please with diagnosing problem and identification

Estalucy

Hello everyone, sorry for the long post, but I would be grateful for some help regarding two of my plants. I have attached pictures of them both along with a close up of the problems. I've never had any issues with my succulents and cacti but this has happened the last few weeks. Also it would be great if someone can ID these for me as I'm very 'green' when it comes to cacti, so I apologize for being ignorant by not naming both plants. As you can see the succulent has browning and some holes in the new leaves, and the cactus has recently got a whiteish hard growth on the stems. Any help and advice will be appreciated, thank you. 

Esther.

IMG_20190808_110438.jpg

IMG_20190808_110352.jpg

IMG_20190808_104908.jpg

IMG_20190808_104930.jpg

IMG_20190808_110352.jpg

IMG_20190808_104908.jpg

IMG_20190808_110438.jpg

IMG_20190808_104930.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I know this thread has had no replies yet, but could ANYONE help with this? The succulent has still got little brown marks on the inner leaves and tiny black specs, but the black specs don't move and don't have legs or anything. Any suggestions? 

Hello. I'm definitely not a succulent expert, but the cactus looks fine. Maybe it got too cold or wet? Sudden increase in sun or heat? If it's not getting any worse, I wouldn't worry.

The other one (maybe a Haworthia or sempervivum?) definitely looks like it's being eaten. The damage looks like molluscs, but the black specks look like insect droppings so I'm not sure. You could try slug pellets and/or a systemic insecticide?

• Thanks 2

Hi, yes the cactus is doing fine, no further markings. I did wonder if the succulent is being eaten, strange thing is though it's indoor plant, on my kitchen windowsill, BUT I do put all my plants out when it's warm sunny weather and at one point let then out over night few weeks ago when we had heat wave for few days so something might have had a go at it then.  I'll try some insecticide. Thanks