Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan_Creek

Schnell's Ghost

I have aways loved carnivorous plants but it is only recently that I learned a lot more about all the individual species and hybrids. After talking with a friend who is mad on carnivorous plants and doing some research, I became really interested in the plant Schnell's Ghost, something about it just really captured my imagination and I knew it was one I really wanted to collect. I purchased one online, it is the first "pure" sarracenia I got, the rest I had were hybrids at that time (and some of those are really pretty plants too). However I have read that Schnell's Ghost is a clone and that some plants are leucophylla with very little anthrocyanin and yellow flowers. I won't honestly mind what this plant is because it is one of my favourites regardless. I read that Schnell's Ghost is not particularly vigorous however since I got the plant it has been cloned into three separate plants that are all doing very well, as well as a small one that is starting to form pitchers. Either way I really enjoy this plant and hope you like the photos.

Here is the plant when I got it a year ago: 

782226371_Ghost1.jpg.f0c5685a01f8224e7ef47c0182d45edb.jpg

And here it is now, the mother plant is the biggest plant in my collection: 

IMG_2711.thumb.JPG.ce87fe15b7cb8f5039201b2fcf26398d.JPG

IMG_2710.thumb.JPG.489c09c8bdbca81a1092ed0abf5c4e03.JPG