How to film sundew snap-tentacles.

When filming sundew snap-tentacles, some simple measures can be helpful to prepare the recording correctly and to avoid disturbing shaking by unnecessary poking of the tentacle heads. That needs some understanding on their different response times and motion patterns. Since many years, we experimented with catapulting sundews and summarized our experiences now in this brief movie description, providing hints how to proceed with moderate and rapid catapult-flypaper traps. The idea for this film came up after some requests on Facebook how to film such tentacle motions. Good luck when filming your Drosera.

Great film!! Such magnificent plants!

Makes me want to get them myself. Unfortunately my windowsill is full, but still when I get enough space I'd get one and probably feed to death just to see it catapulting its food.

Thanks

Rogier

Hello Rogier,

thanks for your feedback. Yes, it was actually a lot of fun to play with the amazing tentacles during our experiments. Good luck with your plants!

Best regards, Siggi.

Hi, 

you're welcome.

I can imagine it was fun. Well, as far as I'm concerned please keep sharing your fun.

Thanks.

Best regards Rogier