Sign in to follow this  
Sweet Revenge!

Greenfly Spraying

I've been having far more trouble with greenfly in my greenhouse this year, especially on my Sarracenia leuco's. The tubes and even the flower stems are really twisted.  In prevoius years I've used Provado and SB but it takes ages to take each one from the greenhouse, spray it all around and then replace it. I've been using one of those small pump up pressurised sprays.   Plunging them in water takes even longer and the perlite floats.

Can anyone suggest a method of efficiently spraying a fair number of plants in situ please?

also would it prevent the little rotters getting a head start if I chopped the foliage right back in the very early spring rather than cutting away at the brown dead growth a little at a time?

Many thanks. Triona

When I had an outbreak of greenfly a short while ago I just sprayed everything with Provado in situ.  Didn't take anything out of the greenhouse.  The Provado is in a hand held spray bottle and it only took a few minutes to blast everything.

The greenfly disappeared and haven't returned.

Guy

Thanks Guy

Did you just spray the centres or the tubes as well?

I've tried Provado the last few years but taking each one out to make sure I sprayed them all round but the tubes on a few still seem to come up malformed. I bought one of the little pressure sprays to make life easier but still have to refill several times. I'm wondering if I should try spraying much earlier before the new growth starts?