Sign in to follow this  
Momi

Wilted brown lid

Hi all, I’m new to having sarracenia and not sure if mine is done fine nor not. I had it for about a month, there are new pitchers growing but many are also turning brown (due to the amount I doubt it’s natural aging). I initially had it at the windowsill and took it out to the terrace a week ago. That spot has longer hours of direct sun. The browning issue happened already before I moved it, but I think the two tall ones started to have dried lid after the move. Any ideas? Too hot? I pay attention to watering. Many thanks for your insights! 

https://imgur.com/a/VEJ5XCn

(not sure how to insert images... hope the link works!)

Image works - looks a bit frazzled on the edges. Whilst damp at the pot it could be a bit too dry up at the top. You could try a bigger pot and/or something larger to stand it in as a water tray? What temperatures in its location? My greenhouse can clear 40 deg C occasionally in summer and as long as they're stood in water the sarracenia have no problems. 

It's because you've gone from relatively dark straight into full sun and they've become burnt. I can see it's very green.

Leave it as it is and it will acclimatise. Future pitchers should be fine.