Sign in to follow this  
Argo88

A question about Drosera rotundifolia

Hi! I’ve a question... I use as company plants for cephalotus some droseras... In the past I’ve sown some droseras rotundifolia... Now I have a single plant that is a little different from the other ones that I grew... Is it a rare thing that a one year old Drosera rotundifolia, before to flower for the first time, divides itself in 3/4 plants and at the first bloom it is making 4 flower stalks? 

The plants is quite typical, a little bigger than other mines... the biggest trap is large 1,5 cm

87A45B29-3D42-4F7C-A7DC-0D5415D75018.jpeg

2420125C-10D1-4A5D-A2FB-59400EFEDA5E.jpeg

99F0CD59-4C63-47A7-85B9-56EA501B64C0.jpeg

F0D48FF0-DE37-4A35-AD4A-8383EDAB69DD.jpeg

Looks like a normal plant to me - when you see rotundifolia growing wild there's quite a variation in size etc. With s bit more sun it should colour up a bit too.

Edited by Dunc

Thanks a lot, Dunc!! Today here is the first sunny day after more than a month of every days rain... so my plants are all a little greenish;-)

What's the weather doing! Was in Rome, in the rain, a few weeks ago! Here, in parts of SE UK we've had little rain for a couple of months now - my RO is in operation already as my rainwater is running low already........

Edited by Dunc

It is a very strange weather.. I’m in Udine, near Venice, in North-east of Italy... here the bigger amount of rain is in November... it is a very strange thing that rain a lot in April-may!!!!