pinguicule from italy

Bonjour

I see that you have a lot of P.alpina, can you tell me if all have the same yellow drawing in the throat ?

jeff

hello, thanks to everyone for the comments.
I don't have them all, Argo88.
Jeff, most of them have yellow throats, there is also a "pinguicula alpina" with a completely white flower but I only saw it in photos.
thank you Fabrizio

Bonjour

If I’m not wrong, p. Alpina in Italy have only this yellow drawing form

precisely, I'm not so sure about :wink:

on the same spot we can see differences, as well as on other spot 

hence my question

2 hours ago, jeff 1 said:

Bonjour

If I’m not wrong, p. Alpina in Italy have only this yellow drawing form

precisely, I'm not so sure about :wink:

on the same spot we can see differences, as well as on other spot 

hence my question

I’ve just seen photos of italian p. alpina from all north Italian country... I’ve seen my photos of the rare (in Italy) lowland form (that grows at sea level).. they all have two yellow spots fused (like in Fabrizio’s picture)... please, if You know of Italian p. alpinas with a different number of yellow spots or without it (in this case I think it could be a “p. alpina alba”) post the photos here... I’m very interested in this plant

like these 2 of the north italian

http://pinguicula.free.fr/alpi.png 

or

http://pinguicula.free.fr/alpi1.png

the yellow spot are not the same than FABRIZIO :wink:

I am also very interested by these different yellow spot not only on the Italian species but on all the others present by the world

Edited by jeff 1
  • Like 1

yes I know the area

on the other hand I do not know if these drawings are always the same from one year to another and if they are reproducible in culture.
I would need help on the ground to see it ,
and ensure a follow up :thumbsup:

Edited by jeff 1

1 hour ago, jeff 1 said:

yes I know the area

on the other hand I do not know if these drawings are always the same from one year to another and if they are reproducible in culture.
I would need help on the ground to see it ,
and ensure a follow up :thumbsup:

Could You tell me the location? So I can write to Italian carnivorous plants forum members of this location and ask them if they have some photos of wild plants... I’m sureI’ve red that 3 yellow spots were a typical drawn in a location, I don’t remember well if in Slovakia or in which country...so if it is true that I’ve red it should be typical of some locations of plants, and the yellow drawings should be a stable characteristic... if not, they could be an occasionally characteristics... now I try to study this thing! Thanks a lot for Your help!:tu:

Gentlemen, sorry to interrupt your very interesting discussion.  Just a thought however.  This is an 'open' public forum, you don't need to be a member of CPUK or anything else to access information on here.  May I respectfully suggest any sharing of locations of rare CPs is done by private messaging rather than an open post.  None of us want to see natural CP habitats destroyed by unscrupulous individuals accessing information available on this forum.  Not suggesting for one moment any of the participants in this thread would contemplate such a thing, but I would suggest we do need to be very careful about inadvertently openly disclosing such location information.

Kind regards,  Rob

Edited by RobH

Bonjour

RobH

I am on the same opinion as you on the disclosure of sites to everyone's views.
I practice this censorship on many forums ,it's part of my ethics :wink:
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RobH said:

Gentlemen, sorry to interrupt your very interesting discussion.  Just a thought however.  This is an 'open' public forum, you don't need to be a member of CPUK or anything else to access information on here.  May I respectfully suggest any sharing of locations of rare CPs is done by private messaging rather than an open post.  None of us want to see natural CP habitats destroyed by unscrupulous individuals accessing information available on this forum.  Not suggesting for one moment any of the participants in this thread would contemplate such a thing, but I would suggest we do need to be very careful about inadvertently openly disclosing such location information.

Kind regards,  Rob

Hi Rob! You say good things and I agree with You... here I don’t want to know the exactly location of those plants, but the Country... for example, when I speak about p. poldinii “Carnia” or p. alpina red “Carnia” I speak of a part of Alpes, in Friuli Venezia Giulia (a Italian Country) of hundreds kilometres... so if a man tell me that the photos were taken, for example, in Piemonte (another Italian Country of hundreds kilometres) I know that this popolation is in the opposite side of North Italy... so I don’t think that it is dangerous for wild populations... but I agree with You that using the name of the single mountain or valley in wich the plants are growing is very dangerous!! :tu:

have a nice day, my friend!

serse

• Like 1