Venus fly trap advice please

Hi guys heres my little venus fly trap,

Had it for around 2 years now and repotted it once and it seems to turned into 2 plants now would this be cuz I let the flower grow once?

I wanted to ask is it getting to big now for this pot and should I repot it yet?

Being in Devon UK in the winter I tend to put it under lights to give it 10 hours of light though not sure if thats to much light.

the lights getting longer now so thinking of putting it in a sunny window sill like i did last year as you see the plant colours better then under light.

if you think I should repot it into a bigger pot whats the best soil to use i bought some VFT soil from ebay last time and seems to be ok with it.

should I let it flower again once to see if it gets bigger again?

sorry alot of questions but I do love my VFT and want to look after it best I can and sorry cant seem to get the photos in the correct order

venus fly trap 00.jpg

venus fly trap 01.jpg

venus fly trap 2.jpg

venus fly trap 03.jpg

VFT light 2.jpg

VFT light.jpg

Edited by sealover1
  • Thanks 1

It's doing fine so I'd leave it in the pot it's in and not divide it yet.  Although they prefer to be repotted every two to three years for fresh soil so if you can it would benefit from it but it's not crucial this year I think.  Also, try to put it in the sun.  They like as much sun as they can get.  You can't go OTT with it.  If you're repotting it and moving it's location to full sun then I would nip out the flower stalks this year.  

• Like 2

I have about 12 pots in the unheated greenhouse and several plants in an outdoor bog garden sink. All survived -8 freeze-ups and are bursting with new growth, although the bog garden plants are a bit behind. The tiny seed grown chaps also survived and are growing well. As Richard says, they love the sun, and where the sun shines THERE ARE FLIES and bugs to nosh on:P