lights time

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carnivoro

i have only been using led lights for 5 months, but find 12 hours to be fine and am experimenting with gradually increasing that. I understand some people use up to 24 hours . I grow mainly sarracenia, but have a couple of cephs in there too and they seem quite happy.

you will also have to consider the strength of your lights too, the lower the wattage, I guess the longer time will be required to give the same exposure.

Hope this helps as a starting point, there is plenty of information on the web about leds, but maybe not so much about using them for CPs.

regards

Phil

• 2 years later...

Hi! I use this for about 14-15 hours a day, depending on when I come to turn them off. And I think that you can use them more. That is, the option with round-the-clock lighting will not interfere with plants. Just imagine natural sunlight. How much of this kind of light do plants need for life? Exactly as long as the daytime lasts. Therefore, it is easy to estimate that 12 hours is enough. My mornings are pretty bright, but they are just suitable for this. This is not an incandescent lamp but a daytime LED light. I bought it here https://www.amazon.com/Flagpole-Energy-Battery-Illumunation-Vont/dp/B00YBDA7DC/ and I have never changed it in 7 months.

Edited by ChasterWill