Party_Gecko

Nepenthes lighting

So I have a terrarium and recently found out with help from a friend that the lights are nowhere near strong enough. I need suggestions for good grow lights that you may recommend and aren’t too expensive. Please let me know what you would recommend.

i have sth similar to the Ankace Growlight (dual head). I use this as a support, not their only source of light and it works well for me.
I have highland nepenthes in a south facing window sil, so they get quite a bit of sunlight.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the late reply. I’m having great success with the IKEA Vaxer light strip. Currently have the following growing vigorously on my dining table.

• spectabilis x veitchii
  • glandulifera
  • jamban
  • maxima
  • fusca
  • d.capensis (all red form)

jamban has been a bit tricky and has taken a lot longer to acclimate to the mini terrarium (LBH 40 x 27 x 25cm)

• Thanks 1

Hi there, thank you for your advice. The only problem is I went and bought a cheap amazon grow light and my whole tank seems to love it with plants producing pitchers like below. thank for the response though

BC4A3AFD-1ADF-4BD1-AD69-0374AF64B592.jpeg