Why cephalotus Error is not a registered cultivar?

Argo88

Hi! Searching cephalotus images on internet I’ve found cephalotus error... If I’ve understood well (the page is written in German and I can’t speak it) it is a seedgrown plant of a German grower, Becker, that only produces non carnivorous plants... I think it is a strange and very nice clone, that has an unique characteristic.. so why isn’t it a registered cultivar? You can’t make mistakes in distinguish it from other clones:-)

what do You think about cephalotus error?

I think it would be a very interesting thing to sowing cephalotus error’s selfed pollinated seeds to see if the son plants are all cephalotus with pitchers or someone maintain the mother’s characteristics...

7 minutes ago, mobile said:

I thought it was from grower Alexander Fisch‎? There's some pictures of it on one of the Facebook CP groups.

Thanks... I apologize with its creator if I wrong ;-) what do You think about it? I don’t have Facebook, so I based my post on what I’ve red on internet;-)

Hi, "Error" was grown from 'Eden Black' selfed seed by Kai Becker in 2011. It is an odd, slow growing plant without pitchers,  so some don't think it would be a good cultivar. This is the inofficial description: https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=&sl=de&tl=en&u=forum.carnivoren.org%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F43234-cephalotus-follicularis-error%2F

There are probably more plants with inofficial names or codes than registered cultivars in cultivation. Ideally, a special plant that is grown by many growers and that clearly differs from other plants should be described as a cultivar. But it takes some effort to do this. Practically, many excellent plants have not (yet) been officially described and (yet) some average plants have been registered.

• Thanks 1